bosco

A gorgeous weekend

What a great weekend up here in the North.  We had 60 to 70 degree weather all weekend.  I cooked wings on the 23" on Friday for the boys, fresh ground chuck burgers yesterday and today I did sausages.  

I woke up today and did a deep cleaning on my setup.  I used a putty scraper to clean up the edges and used my new shop vac for the first time.  It worked perfect.  I then degreased the tile and stainless on the unit.  

I also noted that the weight of the accessories inside of my cabinet have caused a slight bowing in the bottom, affecting the doors.  I cut some wood as a wedge and placed it under the cabinet and everything is level and square again.

I heated them both up and ran a load of lump.  I let them go around 400 and then cleaned the grills well.  They look spotless and brand new.

Happy spring cleaning to all of my kk friends

• Like 1

Very nice. It sucked me and Mrs skreef had to work Saturday but had a nice day today shopping for a few more items to go in the garden.

Very soon my grilling will slow down as motorcycle riding takes over. Strangely I grill more in the winter when there's nothing else to do compared to the summer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tony - yard work?  You have my deepest sympathies!  I mowed lawns starting at 8 years old and continued it until I was 18.  I swore I'd never own another mower, edger, rake, etc.  Im a man of my word.  I keep Jesus and the boys really busy, they kelp me in tamales, and I keep them in BBQ.  Works out all around! :)

5 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

Tony - yard work?  You have my deepest sympathies!  I mowed lawns starting at 8 years old and continued it until I was 18.  I swore I'd never own another mower, edger, rake, etc.  Im a man of my word.  I keep Jesus and the boys really busy, they kelp me in tamales, and I keep them in BBQ.  Works out all around! :)

Yardwork keeps me out of trouble...lol

Cutting the grass is my quiet time.

There's no edging required as the tractor gets close enough and no raking, I mulch and leave the clippings on the grass.

• Like 1

Trust me, Ken, I haven't mowed my own lawn in 25 years. My lawn dude just came this morning. I was spading up dandelions, and cleared out the dead stuff from my butterfly garden. Waiting on my tomato and pepper plants to arrive next month to put in the garden. I putz around the yard on the "fun stuff," and pay to have the tedium done. 

• Like 1