DaVarg

McKinney, TX

On 4/27/2016 at 1:11 PM, wilburpan said:

Right on!

If you could, can you tell us why you went with the KK 22" as opposed to the KK 23"? 

I was leaning towards 19 HT and did a "multivariate decision analysis "  on 19, 22 and 23, but most of them are very subjective. 

-thermal mass of 22 is higher

-cross section area was similar to 23, but 22 high top had more upper volume

-pricing was similar (even with added lower grill)

- liked the leaner shape look of 22

-and  more importantly, the tiles (more terra than blue) gave the  22 (that was in stock ) a the look my son and wife liked !! :-P

DaVarg

davarg.com

• Like 2

On April 27, 2016 at 11:29 AM, DaVarg said:

I was leaning towards 19 HT and did a "multivariate decision analysis "  on 19, 22 and 23, but most of them are very subjective. 

-thermal mass of 22 is higher

-cross section area was similar to 23, but 23 high top had more upper volume

-pricing was similar (even with added lower grill)

- liked the leaner shape look of 22

-and  more importantly, the tiles (more terra than blue) gave the  22 (that was in stock ) a the look my son and wife liked !! :-P

DaVarg

davarg.com

Thanks!

In terms of the increased volume under the lid, do you have a sense as to what that gives you in real cooking terms? Something like, “I couldn’t do a 15 lb. turkey on the upper rack with a KK 23”, but I’m able to do that with the KK 22” Hi Cap.” 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2016 at 2:44 AM, wilburpan said:

Thanks!

In terms of the increased volume under the lid, do you have a sense as to what that gives you in real cooking terms? Something like, “I couldn’t do a 15 lb. turkey on the upper rack with a KK 23”, but I’m able to do that with the KK 22” Hi Cap.” 

Wilbur, if this is a super important question for you (ie, you are debating on another cooker and can't decide between a 23" and 22"), I could try to stack some soda cans up inside of each to give you an idea?  You can see a side-by-side of my 23" and 22" here (note that the 21" was actually a little over 22" when completed, so my 21 is the current 22:

20 hours ago, wilburpan said:

Thanks!

I am not very quantitative when it comes to  some purchase decisions. Most of my criteria was subjective.

Then again, the 22" high-top might come in handy if I ever had to stack ribs one of top of other. Not that I might ever get to do it- but why take a chance these days?  :cool:

DSCN1990.jpg