twharton

Forum Suggestion/Observation

An Investment Site / Forum I subscribe to, The Motley Fool:

http://www.fool.com/

has discussion boards or a forum on different stocks and subjects and when a post is made that people agree with you can 'recommend' it. It is a button next to the reply button and when the next reader views it the number of 'recs' is displayed. Also on the profile page in addition to the number of posts a member has made it lists the number of recs one has received.

Seems to be a motivation for writers to either be responsible or really witty because both tend to earn recs. And no you cannot recomment your own posts.

twharton

That is odd, I totally missed this post? I never saw it as a new topic. I just happened to be browsing through the Lagniappe forum area when I noticed it. I guess this should really be in the KK General section, so I am moving it.

Just curious, I get Motley Fool emails all the time, has it been worth it to you? I have been seriously considering joining.

Ok, on the mod suggestion, I cannot find anything even remotely similar to what you are referring. What board are they using - phpbb like us or something else? If it is phpbb if you could ask an admin there what the mod name is, I could at least check it out then. But something like that we would have to put to a vote before I installed.

BTW, you got COD3 and Gears of War coming to you tomorrow? I got my pre-order of both waiting on me!

-=Jasen=-

Motley Fool....I am a charter member and highly recommend the Stock Advisor subscription which gets you access to the general and newletter boards.

They have 4 other subscriptions....

Hidden Gems...recommend

Rule Breakers...not really

Inside Value...no experience

Funds....???

If you haven't read their initial book you need to. The Motley Fool Investment Guide, originally published in the late 1980's. The stock recommendations / research are fair and devoid of any hype or vested interests of the publisher. The philosophy...long term, good valued and well managed companies....is priceless. The cost is tax deductible and some of the hundreds of stock and general info forums on the boards are worth the price of subscription alone.

Check out the BMW Method (BuildMWell) and learn the joys and glory of "CAGR"...Compound Annual Growth Rate" and how it works for you with established companies.

O.K. so the other O.T. info....I am deeply into Elder Scrolls Oblivion IV on the 360 now...just finished the main quest last night at only level 5.

I've finished GRAW on all levels...have GUN...Saints Row....Medal of Honor...Perfect Dark Zero..and whatever he main driving game is...maybe some others but can't recall. I love the online play but got the real world that cuts into time to play (family and job). Any more games would be a waste because I can't find the time to play. I am looking forward to popping a cap in your ass in the near future. :smt066

I finished COD2, Perfect Dark, KingKong, Quake4, Halo2, Prey, Tomb Raider, Kameo and Condemned on the 360 and still playing Dead Rising, Oblivion and Burnout Revenge (soon to be Gears of War and COD3). I tried playing Ghost Recon on the 360, but I hated it just like the other series on the original xbox. Never really liked the Splinter Cells ones either. Guess I am just the opposite from you and Firemonkey since I hate squad based games. Give me FPS non squad based! I do like some RPGs as I am having a good time with Oblivion. No idea how much is left on it; just got back into the original quest as I got side tracked on the extra ones (wanted to build up levels before I resumed). I have been playing it since it was released - off and on anyway.

But anytime you are feeling froggy and think you can pop a cap in my ass, bring it on -- hehehe. Though it does not look like we have any games in common at the moment since I traded in Perfect Dark. I usually trade in the ones I finished except for ones with good online play like COD2. I did not like the Perfect Dark online play. Now did you mean COD2 when you said Metal of Honor or were you referring to the original xbox game?

-=Jasen=-

I've finished GRAW on all levels...have GUN...Saints Row....Medal of Honor...Perfect Dark Zero..and whatever he main driving game is...maybe some others but can't recall. I love the online play but got the real world that cuts into time to play (family and job).

Damn, I wish I could find just the time it took you to finish all of those. I am seriously thinking about buying a nice Pelican hard case and taking a 360 on the road with me! Sure would make hotel time more pleasant.

D_J is right, I do tend towards more of the squad based games because 90% of the time I spend playing is online with a group of friends. I enjoy the Ghost Recon/Rainbow six style more than Splinter Cell. Splinter cell is hard for me and my ADHD - Too much stealthin' and not enough killin'! :smt066 But I get it because its what everyone will be playing when I finally get time to play - and at least I will be able to join in and let them snap my neck for entertainment :D

Regarding TMF (The Motley Fool)

Motley Fool....I am a charter member and highly recommend the Stock Advisor subscription which gets you access to the general and newletter boards.

They have 4 other subscriptions....

Hidden Gems...recommend

Rule Breakers...not really

Inside Value...no experience

Funds....???

If you haven't read their initial book you need to. The Motley Fool Investment Guide, originally published in the late 1980's. The stock recommendations / research are fair and devoid of any hype or vested interests of the publisher. The philosophy...long term, good valued and well managed companies....is priceless. The cost is tax deductible and some of the hundreds of stock and general info forums on the boards are worth the price of subscription alone.

I'll second what TW says, I too am a charter Stock Advisor subscriber. It's great. I've been a Fool for many years (since 1997)

Here are my other ratings:

Hidden Gems - subscriber, but like SA better

Inside Value - subscriber - but won't renew

Funds - also no experience

On a similar note - have you ever heard Bob Brinker on the radio? He publishes a newsletter: Bob Brinker's Marketimer, it is consistently rated #1 or #2 by the newsletter tracking folks. I have read his newsletter for probably 10 years and he has made perfect calls time after time. You can follow his rec's by using index funds or the exchange traded securities that track the indexes (i.e. Spiders SPY [s&P] Diamonds DIA [the Dow], etc.) His latest call was to buy the S&P @ 1250 or below - that was about 2 or 3 months ago and it's over 1380 - that's over 10% in a few weeks. He was out of the market for the .com meltdown and got back in in early March of 2003 - check your charts, it was the bottom!

This guy is good. I follow the Fool for individual issues, but when Brinker tells me to get out, I'm out.

:smt041

Dude, you are from Iowa, you can only deal in corn futures :shock:

Walk outside, look at the corn, it looks good, "Buy corn futures", it's brown and withered, sell 'em. :roll:

Ouch, coming from a tobacco-lander, that hurts! :smt027

Oh yeah, that baccer is a good cash group. Never growed none, well none of the kind you get at the store, but did work for RJ Reynolds fer a spell.