ckreef

Testing, Testing, 1, 2 Pizza

Nothing special here but I did want to run this test. Double batch of dough divided by 2. Also used a different sauce than normal. Next time I'll divide by 3 and tweak the sauce a bit. Also not thrilled with the board the pizza is sitting on, not enough contrast with the pizza dough.

The sauce was too watery. You can see how it mixed in with the shredded mozzarella cheese on the ham and black olives. On the one with green peppers I used a fresh mozzarella cheese ball that I sliced by hand so the watery sauce didn't effect the outcome as much.

a48ebe53045c297f5c46fd653db11f78.jpg

ab2bdfbdc8bc365f6dfd49428257bf82.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Charles - I understand you like perfection.  But really!  I'd eat those pizzas and ask for more.  Those look wonderful!  Don't be so hard on yourself.  Very nice job on these pizza pies!  Kudos and congrats.

TY CC but ..... Next month is pizza challenge. With all the pizza cooks on Guru lately I don't really expect to win but I do need to be at the top of my game to give them a run for their money.

• Like 1

Three more test pizzas. Just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before the Guru pizza challenge next month ;-l)

Lessons from tonight:

1) less is definitely more with thin crust pizza.

2) no pepperoni - grease makes a bad picture.

3) take picture at a lower angle to get a better view of the crusts oven spring.

Great pizzas, I just hope I can remember all these lessons. Tonight I ordered a bag of King Arthur Pizza Flour. Will be interesting to see how it works.

4fc6a0b867770ea242ea16990fc04461.jpg

e90524e8ed8536fc3bf32c28e5fb3ca5.jpg

07f04f69ccc3512786bc0033ca117387.jpg

• Like 1

That dough looks very similar to Nancy Silverton's dough that I like from Mozza...  Can you please share or point me to a recipe online?  I'd like to compare notes, looks killer.

Dude, I really don't know what else you could ask for...these are all better than anything (and based on looks, I'd call it a tie with Mozza) that is available in Singapore, a population of 5.5 million with a gazillion Italian joints and commercial pizza establishments...

P.S.  Hide pep under cheese to hide grease?

@Cookie TY for the awesome compliment. The dough recipe and technique I use can be found at

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/artisan-no-knead-pizza-crust-recipe

It's a sort of screwed up recipe that is more geared towards technique. Once you learn it it does give very consistent awesome results.

These pizzas tasted great but this was a test for the Guru pizza challenge next month. I'm more trying to tweak my pizza pictures than the actual pizza itself.

1 minute ago, ckreef said:

@Cookie TY for the awesome compliment. The dough recipe and technique I use can be found at

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/artisan-no-knead-pizza-crust-recipe

It's a sort of screwed up recipe that is more geared towards technique. Once you learn it it does give very consistent awesome results.

These pizzas tasted great but this was a test for the Guru pizza challenge next month. I'm more trying to tweak my pizza pictures than the actual pizza itself.

Hire @MacKenzie to fly down and take some pics for you???  That woman has skillz!

• Like 2

@ckreef - great minds do think alike!  I've got pizza ready to hit Beauty! here in about 15 minutes.  I certainly hope mine turns out even half as nice as those three pizza pies you cooked!  Wonderful pies, simply droolicious. Kudos all over ya!

Can't wait to see some pictures of your pizzas, I'm sure they will be fantastic.

Reef, I use KA Pizza flour all the time. Nice stuff. 

For the final pic for the Challenge, you can always take a paper towel and dab up the extra grease off the pepperoni, as they tend to curl up and make little wells. I twist up the corners of the paper towel to make nice "wicks" to gather up the grease. 

• Like 1

What about 00 Flour ?  I have used a recipe using 50/50 00 Flour and AP Flour.  Bread flour ?

I'll save my 00 flour (don't have much left) for when I break out my Blackstone Pizza Oven and do some 60 second pizzas in a couple of weeks.

The Blackstone is a nice pizza oven given its size, affordability and quickness to baking temps for all things Neapolitan (or lower temp doughs too) pies!   Although I don't own a Blackstone my BIL has one and I've seen it in action several times.   I've vacillated back/forth about getting one...but holding out for something:   Too big, too expensive along with requiring copious amounts of wood :D

• Like 1