ckreef

Best Cooking Oil Spray. If

Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Cooking Spay is the absolute best oil spray.

Grapeseed Oil is an oil with a high smoke point temperature so it doesn't burn and taste sour. Not a pump bottle but ....... Inside the bottle the oil is located within a bag with the propellant between the bag and the bottle. You get oil with no propellant. Also has a easy push button so you can get everything from a drop to a stream, to a full spray.

I'll never buy another type of cooking spray.

1b076bb97236f3681317980b7d757795.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

At grilling temps, EVOO is too delicate and will burn, which is probably your source of off flavors. Stick to canola or other high temp oils.

Absolutely agree with that, even regular OO doesn't work for high heat.

EVOO is really only good for a cold oil or a finishing oil.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For some reason, this reminds me of two techniques I saw last year on holiday in Thailand.  The resort offered a private in-villa BBQ where they sent three guys and a gas grill to cook us dinner on our patio.  I'd guess the senior guy to have been about 70ish, and the young guys claimed their senior taught them this stuff:  1.  They heated up the grill and put a single slice of white bread on and toasted it, both sides.  Once toasted, they used it as the grill brush to clean the grates, and it worked.  2.  After the grill was hot, and just before putting any meat / food on the BBQ, they sliced a medium sized potato in half (length-wise) and rubbed the grates with the exposed potato flesh, which actually seemed to give them a non-stick surface.

The toast trick was pretty evident, I've done zero research on the potato technique.

• Like 2

Grape seed oil is a neutral high heat oil, a first press olive oil and is wonderful and my favorite oil, however it is a low heat oil, lovely flavor, after taste tests, my favorite is "California Ranch" brand.

I keep my grape seed oil in the fridge, and it is highly recommended that it is only good for 6 months once opened.  I write the date on the side with a sharpie when I open it.  Also it is great for high heat stir frys.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1