Hephaestus

Inspired by project smoke

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

Wait a minute. Where's the basket. I want a straight rod and forks setup.

BTW nice chicken dinner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Was going to post the same thing - where did the straight rod come from?

Nicely done on those birds!

7 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

ait another minute.  I'm wondering where the veggies went that are cut up and under the spun chickens?  Those veggies have to be some kind of tasty and they're not in the money shot!  Garlic, onions, celery, yams - those had to have been really tasty!

You are absolutely right I was so hungry i did not include the veggies in the shot. I can tell you though they did not last long. They were simply delicious.

9 hours ago, ckreef said:

Wait a minute. Where's the basket. I want a straight rod and forks setup.

There is a story to the straight rod. It is an original DCS rod and attachments. I bought it from a bbq supplier. I then took it to a local machine shop and had it machined to fit the kk. I find it more practical than the basket. Easier to use and clean. The whole experiment was cumbersome and frankly quite expensive. If there is a lot of interest may be Dennis could start to offer it as an alternative to the basket. 

• Like 1

If there is a lot of interest may be Dennis could start to offer it as an alternative to the basket. 

There is some interest, a thread was started and Dennis has read the thread. I guess we were all making sure we didn't miss something since then.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lost in Translation

I sent a link to an Amazon listing to the factory so they understood what I wanted. Told them I wanted a removable 
tip that was like a bullet with cartridge with the firing end cut off to slip over one end to make a removable pointed tip.
The shaft was to  be 5/8" 304 Stainless Steel Spit Hexagon or square..
ARGH  This is what I got..

ShaftForRoti.jpg

I've explained what I really want.. Regardless of what is said, some people always make what they think you want.  They made the removable tip so it screwed into the adjustable end which would be a total pain in the ass to use.. Don't worry folks we'll get it perfect this time. 
New proper version on the way..  With prongs too..

• Like 3