Shuley

Shipping question

So I tried to make a delivery appointment, and they were telling me 9-5.  I asked, can't I get a more narrow range of time?  The lady responded “I can probably do 1-5.”  is this normal?  Normally taking a half day off from work would not be that big of a deal, but I have had to take my son to the dentist the last two afternoons with another appointment that will take me out of work on Tuesday.  (unexpected dental issues).  I was wondering if this is normal proceedure?  I know for sure I can be home by 345, so they might be asking me to take time off when it is unnecessary.  I was just wondering if it's too much to say I can be there any time past 345?

The operator here in OKC, was really great to work with.  They called me when both Beauty! and TheBeast arrived at their dock.  They then asked if a date three days hence was acceptable. HECK YEAH!  Then it was morning or afternoon.  Both times I chose afternoon delivery.  The delivery driver called me 30 minutes prior to his arrival.

Both times my experience with my KK delivery was really positive.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Besides, both KK created quite a stir at the dock.  Turns out the owner here locally is an Egghead.  JEs been over a couple of times and loves cooking on TheBeast.  I'm working on him, Dennis.  

With my second delivery I told them I didn't care as long as the driver gave me 1 hour notice. He called and I got home about 15 minutes before he arrived. Same exact driver as the first KK. He totally remembered me and asked when he should expect the third grill. "When I win the lottery!" - LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The delivery people called me and told me they would bring my KK 32" between 10 and 2 the next day. Guess what they showed up at 8:30 the next morning and I wasn't at home. But luckily I have a camera on my front porch and it notified me that somebody was at the front door my house so I  was able to catch them before they pulled out of the track homes I live in. So it's in the garage still on the pallet but unboxed and all the accessories are all over the the place.  Now I just had to get somebody to help me get it off the pallet down the ramp and into my garage. 

I can't believe how beautiful this thing is.  You guys were right all along pictures don't do  them justice. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice!

With the ramp, you should be able to get it off the pallet with the help of a friend. I was able to get my KK 23” off the pallet by myself when it was delivered, and I’m not particularly strong. I wouldn’t recommend doing that either with a KK 23” or your KK 32", but I mention it just to show that it’s easier than you might think. The hardest part is wiggling the grill off the block it’s semi-resting on.

@Bruce Pearson - very, very nice choice!  Congrats to ya!  This is a great day for you.  

Your KK BB is one seriously heavy hunka burnin' love.  I think it's just north of 900 pounds.  You probably could roll it off by yourself, but remember Newton's Laws.  Mass, once moving, wants to keep moving and the momentum of 900 pounds may not be exactly user friendly.  Get another person to help you position your BB.  

Congrats again and welcome home!

4 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

The delivery people called me and told me they would bring my KK 32 between 10 and 2 the next day. Guess what they showed up at 8:30 the next morning and I wasn't at home. But luckily I have a camera on my front porch and it notified me that somebody was at the front door my house so I  was able to catch them before they pulled out of the track homes I live in. So it's in the garage still on the pallet but unboxed and all the accessories are all over the the place.  Now I just had to get somebody to help me get it off the pallet down the ramp and into my garage. 

I can't believe how beautiful this thing is.  You guys were right all along pictures don't do  them justice. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice tile choice.  I almost went with the terra blue.  Too be honest I don't think you can go wrong with any of the tile options.

4 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

The delivery people called me and told me they would bring my KK 32 between 10 and 2 the next day. Guess what they showed up at 8:30 the next morning and I wasn't at home. But luckily I have a camera on my front porch and it notified me that somebody was at the front door my house so I  was able to catch them before they pulled out of the track homes I live in. So it's in the garage still on the pallet but unboxed and all the accessories are all over the the place.  Now I just had to get somebody to help me get it off the pallet down the ramp and into my garage. 

They have not been accomodating of my after 3 pm request.  Luckily, I have an awesome mom who can be on call tomorrow afternoon.  If she is the one that signs for it, they are going to have to pull it into our garage.  Am I correct in assuming that there is no way to take the crate off inside a garage?  If not, is it possible to take it off after removing one side?  I am still hoping to salvage the crate.

Shelly - taking the crate off inside a garage is doable IF your garage ceiling is high enough.  Get the delivery guys to wheel your crated KK into the garage and put it under the highest part of your ceiling.  I generally tip the delivery guy $100 and he'll put anything right where I want it.  No big deal.  

11 hours ago, bosco said:

I unloaded the 23" and 32" all by myself.  once you bust the pedestal it is sitting on it really isn't that big of a deal.

That looks gorgeous and will look even better in its forever home.  Congrats

Shuley you are next

Ryan is a machine.  

14 hours ago, bosco said:

I unloaded the 23" and 32" all by myself.  once you bust the pedestal it is sitting on it really isn't that big of a deal.

That looks gorgeous and will look even better in its forever home.  Congrats

Shuley you are next

How do you go about busting the pedestal?  I am very unclear about this portion.  Here's hoping that it comes late enough that I don't have to store it in the garage!  That will make it a lot easier if I can unpack it in the driveway (no ceiling obviously).  I'm just not comfortable leaving it unattended in the driveway and I am 95% certain that my side to the house will be too narrow for the crate.  

There are blocks nailed around the feet of the grill, you have to pry those off. As I said earlier, the top of the crate is a ramp designed to use for rolling the grill off the pallet. Also FYI, remove the 10mm bolts at the very bottom of the legs of the crate, and the entire crate lifts off, with no disassembly required. It's fairly light, but bulky.

Rob

• Like 1