Jeff S

Just bought and recieved my first smoker and figured what the #%€£ may as well go big!

A personal thank you to Dennis for his advice and patience helping me select the right model and accessories. I have always owned gas grills and smoking is completely new to me.

It was quite a site to see four guys with the delivery guy pushing the crate on the pallet jack up my long steep driveway.

I plan on doing my first cool tomorrow figured I start with some ribs.

Dennis' advise was to do some slow cooks and enjoy it before I do the burn in. Here is a pic of my 23 Ultimate

-Jeff

2a039c5aa59c5990355b120272507f09.jpg

• Like 1

@Jeff S - welcome aboard!  We're glad you're here.  That 23" Ultimate is really going to change how you look at backyard cuisine.  That's one fine looking KK.  So ribs to start off, huh?  Great!  We look forward to seeing pics of those bad boys shortly after you're finished tossing the bones to the dogs.  Jeff, you are in for some great meals cooked on that 23"!

@Jeff S - Aren't those English Mastiff's?  They remind me so very much of a friend's Mastiff ... Angel.  She though she was a lap dog!  How do you tell 200 pounds of dog NO!?  Angel was a wonderful dog.  She was as sweet and gentle as they get ... right up to time she decided something wasn't right.  Her "I'm Not Happy" bark was one of the most intimidating sounds i've ever heard.  

@Jeff S - Aren't those English Mastiff's?  They remind me so very much of a friend's Mastiff ... Angel.  She though she was a lap dog!  How do you tell 200 pounds of dog NO!?  Angel was a wonderful dog.  She was as sweet and gentle as they get ... right up to time she decided something wasn't right.  Her "I'm Not Happy" bark was one of the most intimidating sounds i've ever heard.  

They are English Mastiffs, Daisy and Diesel. They are 5, he is 210lbs and she is 195lbs and they are brother and sister.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, the grill makes it pretty easy.

I do have one question about charcoal lighting.  After 12 hours the temp dropped to 160 I had to move the coal around because one side did not light.  Any advice around proper charcoal lighting and placement would be appreciated.  (I lighted one baseball size area in the middle)

Edited by Jeff S