Cookie

Poll: What are your 'go to' smoking temps for the big boys?

Poll: What are your 'go to' smoking temps for the big boys?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. At what temperature do you smoke your pork butts / pork shoulders?

2. 2. At what temperature do you smoke your briskets?

• 220F - 229F
    • 230F - 239F
    • 240F - 249F
    • 250F - 259F
    • 260 - 269F
    • 270 - 279F

@Cookie - excellent poll.  I wish we had the capability to give multiple responses.  Depending on what I need to get done and the timeframe, I may bump up my butt and brisket cooks to 275 if I'm rushed.  Normal temp is 225.  If I'm really behind the 8 Ball, then I've done 300°, but I'm not a real fan of cooking at that temp.  

• Like 1

Just now, CeramicChef said:

@Cookie - excellent poll.  I wish we had the capability to give multiple responses.  Depending on what I need to get done and the timeframe, I may bump up my butt and brisket cooks to 275 if I'm rushed.  Normal temp is 225.  If I'm really behind the 8 Ball, then I've done 300°, but I'm not a real fan of cooking at that temp.  

I know what you mean, we've all had the 'uh oh, my guests are about to arrive, time to crank it up' moment, but I couldn't come up with every possible response, and I thought that would kind of dilute the data...  I guess this poll should be viewed as 'in a perfect world, where you have as much time as you want,' what is your preferred cooking temp.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Shoot for 250*. If I'm not paying attention (most days), cook at whatever it settles at between 225* - 300*.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you get a chance, can you please click the poll buttons so your data is captured?

275 for both for me. I used to use 225, but find on a Kamado you don't need to stay that low. 275 to the colour I like, then wrap to punch through the stall if I feel like it, then naked* to reset any bark loss.

* the meat, obviously.