DennisLinkletter

Komodo Quality vs Costs

My original mission statement was to build the best cooker possible. When I discovered the quality of CNC laser cut components, I realized that it was extravagant to the point of being excessive and so of course I loved the idea. The original CNC prototypes cost me almost $500. My friends asked me who needs a BBQ with metalwork of this quality and expense? Nobody, I answered.. Who wants one? I do. I love and respect things that are fine quality and built state of the art. Of course this is not for the general public so I also offer my Deluxe stainless version and the most practical Standard version.

This Komodo venture started out as a project and a design challenge that had commercial prospects. I build my cookers as if they were for a friend and try to give the same customer service I'd personally like to receive.

Cost and inflation...

•Since last Sept the dollar has fallen against the Indonesian Rupiah by 17%.

IndoRupiahW.jpg

• In the last 6 months the Indonesian government cut back their subsidizing gasoline and the first hike was 127% followed by 25%

• In the last 12 months inflation in Indonesia has been much more than the Governments' claimed 18%.

• Every January wages are hiked 15-20%.

• Stainless steel prices seem to go up monthly in Asia a result of the China's boom.

All of these contribute to skyrocketing costs but I just won't cut corners on Komodos to reduce costs to generate sales. They cost what they cost.. some people get it others won't and that's ok.

"Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig."

Well that does it then...

We have to do whatever we can to drive the volume up sky high so Dennis can purchase his laset cut s/s components and other materials for next to nothing. All we have to do is to convince ~1/2 dozen family/friende/acquintences/complete strangers to purchase a komodokamado. Simple, no?