ckreef

That's a nice one. That first picture reminds me of the animated movie Ice Age. Sort of looks like a stone age KK.

Money - you can't take it with you when you go. Besides it doesn't sting that long. Once it arrives you'll forget all about the money.

@parisbrownep - how did I miss you before or is my brain slipping? Either way welcome.

Reef's Bistro

It looks primative I love it

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Aussie - those harvest gold pebbles remind me of my 19" TT, Beauty!  Those gold pebbles make for a very warm and inviting KK.  Whenever I entertain, all the men are drawn to TheBeast.  Every single child runs the Beauty! and wants to touch that KK.  Good choice is what I say!  

• Like 1

Paris how are ya mate thinking of moving up to something decent why not your only on the planet once .I'm looking at the 23 $4,440 I just checked it's around 6 grand than add on the accessories you want mine will push it to 7 grand give and take might be a bit more than shipping customs gst any other tax the government want customs agent regarding agent I spoke with Dennis today I rang a customs agent firm to suss it out but I'd rather go with dennis's bloke I'm pretty posative he knows what needs to be done shipping around the world .all up I'm thinking around 8.5 grand maybe less .wow when you look at the cost you start thinking am I mental but like I said at the start your only here once and if life affords you the opportunity to get something nice go for it that's what I reckon

Hells Belles Chris that is serious mulls. But if I remember rightly, KK comes with provision for rotisserie built in. Enjoy the experience & remember to keep the faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hells Belles Chris that is serious mulls. But if I remember rightly, KK comes with provision for rotisserie built in. Enjoy the experience & remember to keep the faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a lot of money when you look at what you can do with it ,but not a lot when it's something you want ,I have spent the same even more on on cars and motor bikes since getting my Joe I have loved kamado cooking I have gone from a complete novice to being able to cook some really great meals on it .I still love cars and bikes the last car I done up was a 1964 EH panel van spent heaps on it because that's what I loved at the time .in all honesty I'm sick and tired of spending money on crap I'd rather spend the money on something I know will last than skimp I like the inbuilt rotisserie feature

• Like 1

A very fine colour choice indeed if I do say so myself

_DSC1381.JPG

You are going to love the look of it when you see it in person.  Get use to saying to people, "It is true what people say about photos not doing it justice".  

I don't think it will take too long going to Australia.  I would think around a month would be a reasonable time frame for your delivery.  

I think you hit the nail on the head.  We splurge on all sorts of things on life and spend tens of thousands of dollars on toy cars, golfing, fishing, etc etc.  When it comes to a BBQ, suddenly we put the brakes on and say wow thats a lot of money.  The reality is, this is a hobby for you and why not treat yourself to the very best... if you can

Congrats, can't wait to see its new home

• Like 2

I agree, it's all about where you want to spend your money. I just never understood people who drive $40,000 mustangs then comment on spending $5,000+ on a grill(s).

My boss owns a corvette and cooks on a $100 Weber. Looked at me crazy when he found out I have $5,000+ in grills. It's all where you put your priorities and your "crazy" money.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

@bosco - I must have seen that picture numerous times and I never grow tired of it.  Great pics of the KKS and their faithful companion!  Geez, I just noticed all that grey hair!  When did you get that?  You're still a young man to have that much grey hair!  I guess it's all the time you've spent in law enforcement.  Seriously, thats is a great picture.

A very fine colour choice indeed if I do say so myself

_DSC1381.JPG

You are going to love the look of it when you see it in person.  Get use to saying to people, "It is true what people say about photos not doing it justice".  

I don't think it will take too long going to Australia.  I would think around a month would be a reasonable time frame for your delivery.  

I think you hit the nail on the head.  We splurge on all sorts of things on life and spend tens of thousands of dollars on toy cars, golfing, fishing, etc etc.  When it comes to a BBQ, suddenly we put the brakes on and say wow thats a lot of money.  The reality is, this is a hobby for you and why not treat yourself to the very best... if you can

Congrats, can't wait to see its new home

Cheers bosco I can't wait to see it in person either

Welcome to the KK community, Aussie Ora! I think you’re going to be more than pleasantly surprised with how your new KK grill performs compared to a ceramic kamado. 

And earth tone pebble tiles are the best. Even in the rain.  

26724560832_6b38ab44b0_c.jpg

Cheers Wilburpan those side tables are still looking good