Enginerd

Big Bronze Arrived!

Well, its here, unpacked, beautiful, and bit intimidating. I lit up some charcoal last night just to see if I can get the hang of temperature control. Its an art but seems very manageable. I closed it up last night at about 375F, thinking it would suffocate its way down to reasonable temperatures overnight. It was about 325F this morning. Well insulated!

Still have to condition it for temps over 400F, but I believe I can get some good cooking done prior to that.

I'll probably start with some simple items like steaks, then move onto longer recipes and smoking.

Whoo hoo!

(nope, no name for it yet, alas "Smaug" is taken)

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1405.JPG

Great looking KK and nice setting.

I agree with tony b - shouldn't have held that high of a temp overnight. Make sure vents are closed and you are latched in the second position. Also make sure the vent assembly is fully pushed into the grill along with your second rectangular assembly around back.

Reef's Bistro

congrats and beautiful setup and surrounding.  I had the same issue on my 32" as the fire was staying hot through the night.

After speaking with Dennis, he gave me some helpful tips.  It turned out that I had to just lower the bottom latch about 3mm and no more air gap

congrats and beautiful setup and surrounding.  I had the same issue on my 32" as the fire was staying hot through the night.

After speaking with Dennis, he gave me some helpful tips.  It turned out that I had to just lower the bottom latch about 3mm and no more air gap

If you do need to adjust the latch as bosco mentions only the bottom latch plate gets adjusted. The top plate has tiny little welds and can't be adjusted. Also use a normal sized wrench and don't crank down on the bolts extra hard. They just need to be tight enough to hold it. You don't want to shear off one of the bolts.

Reef's Bistro

On June 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Enginerd said:

(nope, no name for it yet, alas "Smaug" is taken)

Sorry! ^_^ I guess there is one advantage to jumping in the deep end when buying a grill. ^_^

There are other LOTR dragons: Glaring, Ancalagon the Black (probably not the best for your grill), Scatha, and the Beast of Gondolin. Hope that helps.

And congratulations on your new KK grill! You’re going to love using it.

Edited by wilburpan
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.