Mexican Pork Butt

Wife is having a Mexican themed birthday party next week, and she's in charge of tacos. So instead of beef, she asked if I could do a pork butt, for pork tacos. My question is, has anyone ever done a Mexican pork butt? I'm thinking of making a Mexican/taco flavored rub, I've just never heard of it before.

Rob

If you have a mexican market...get some banana leaves (fresh or frozen; fresh need to be rolled over a flame to soften...frozen don't) and do a Cochinita Pibil.    The wow factor is big along with the flavor.   Its really Central American not Mexican but just keep that secret to yourself and no one will complain!  

Have done several on my KK...CoffeeChar would kick it over the top.   Otherwise mesquite lump will do quite nicely ;)

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 2

try my recipe for pico and guac.  I made it this weekend with my carne asada and my new recipe I came up with.  It is a type of drunken chicken so tequila and lime base 

My squad went crazy for the meal, the blister from working the knife so much is not fun

Sounds great have seen a few rub recipes on the net that sounds interesting if all else fails you could buy a few taco packs and use the stuff that comes with that .I have not done any Mexican dishes besides tacos .I remember almost throwing up when I tried taco bell in the states lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Kenji over at Serious Eats did a CP recipe the other day which is pretty stellar. I did it as one of the final sayonara cooks on my egg, and it is going to be one of the first things I do on my new KK (which arrives WEDNESDAY. So excited.)

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/05/cochinita-pibil-yucatan-barbecue-mexican-smoked-pork-recipe.html

i went to another place called the white castle for a quick feed after i came out of a pub shocking lol my sister said did you go to the white casket

White Casket (I like that) is the quintessential 2:00 am drunk feed. If it didn't taste good you weren't drunk enough - LOL

Reef's Bistro

• Like 2