FastGlass

Hello all, finally ran down the dream...

Just wanted to say hi. Finally moving from our guru controlled set of large offset Horizon pit and a 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, to a couple of 32" KK's! Fledgling business model/residential use, and we can't wait! Here's what's comming...

A6421E_1024x1024.jpg

1456833525.jpg

Edited by FastGlass
  • Like 1

Now you've done it....1

There is no turning back.

You are familiar with cooking over coals, but you have no idea just how GREAT your life will soon become!  I'm no expert, but my 23" KK is my BEST FRIEND and once you understand the cooker's personality, you will be nothing short of humbled by what these insanely cool cookers can do.  Set it, forget it and in the end probably the most elegant, beautiful, stout and long-lived thing man has ever created.  I trust that you consulted your heirs and have reached accord as to what you bequeath.  if not, I want to be your son!

@FastGlass - welcome to Komodo Kamado and welcome to The Obsession!  Those are some beautiful KKs you've got headed your way!  You are going to absolutely love how easy life is with the KKs cooking for you.  We're glad your here and we look forward to your posts, especially those with pictures of your cooks!

So tell us about your business, how to came to the KK world, etc.!  Inquiring minds want to know.  

Hi all, sorry, been away with the family. For those asking, the business is still in its fledgling stages, but we smoke alot of fish....Alot! Also, Tandoori styled meats and such as well. Over the last couple years, I've been asked to cater. It's now getting to the point I'd like to do this out of one location, and get folks to come there for food and coffee (our other specialty).

They'll be at the house until I get the swing of things. 

Pictures when it's all done, I promise...

• Like 3

That is awesome.  I have been envisioning what a sandwich shop with the KKs in the middle would look like, with fresh baked bread in shop.  If I was closer to retirement, I would take a go at it

Can't wait to see this venture unfold.  Congratulations... I am officially very envious 

Looks REALLY close. There was a delivery snafu, and now I'm doing a song and dance with the delivery company to try and get these in time for our big 4th celebration. It's due to arrive in the area at 8:18 tomorrow night, and after pleading with the lady at Daylight, and then Cape Cod transport, there is a small hope that they cold be delivered Saturday as Noone is delivering anything till Teusday otherwise! 

Two things.

1) Has anyone tried to do a clam bake in their KK with or without the seaweed, which definitely adds a brine salt taste I love)?

And 2) Just had our general contractor, upon showing him very excitedly the pics of what's coming, tell me that there's another guy who's place he worked on on our island with these...some "Steven Raichlen" guy.

...WHAT??!

I thought he was in Miami or something?

• Like 2