Aussie Ora

Reverse sears

2 hours ago, cschaaf said:

Well, that makes sense. Otherwise, you would have to buy a grill to go with your new accessory. ;)

LOL! ^_^

The reason I say that the D&C is solving a problem that doesn’t exist, as far as reverse sears go, is that if part one of the reverse sear is done in the 200-250ºF range, it’s pretty easy to reconfigure the grill grates and deflector before opening up the vents to get the temperature up for the searing part. It’s not like you’re reaching into a 500ºF fire to move a grate and deflector plate around. That’s the main reason I saw being mentioned as to why you would want a D&C — to be able to do a reverse sear without having to move stuff around.

I hope that made sense. ^_^

Ah, I see what you are saying now. For reverse sears (which was the point of this thread so I should have picked up on that ;) ), I agree with you. 

I use my D&C when I need to cook different things at different temperatures and/or indirect vs direct. Like burgers over the direct, the buns on the indirect. Or getting chicken browned up over direct heat, add a glaze and move to the indirect side to finish. For those things, the D&C is great.

Edited by cschaaf

With a reverse sear on the Joe with the D&C I don't have to reconfigure or remove anything its set up from the start all I have to do it tent the meat and open the vents for the sear. Either way as long as the intended outcome has been achieved it doesn't matter really

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1