Edwinclevans

Sunday pork roast

Sunday in London and the Queens 90th celebration. Not her actual birthday but 2nd Saturday in June is the ceremonial birthday as the weather should be good right? Wrong! The rain came heavily. So barbecue cancelled right? Wrong again! If I banked on sun to barbecue then the Komodo kamado per cook price would be even more insane than it is already! Fortunately with the kk you can cook in the rain if you don't mind getting a little wet in the process.

So here is the result. 4.5hrs low and slow collecting fat at 160c and then 45min (20min for the pork which was cooked already) back in at 210 for crackling and potatoes. Which were roasting in aforementioned collected fat. I lost a little control of the temp so it was closer to 175 for a while which means pork was a tad over cooked. However the flavour was great and I prefer pork on the well done side. It was moist so that's the main thing. Enjoy the pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yes. Hail would have probably resulted in this cook being brought in doors. I was lucky because though it rained when I was putting it on I had a window of opportunity when it came out to get some photos. However because of the rain I didn't monitor the temp as closely as normal and it got slightly away from me