Izzy

Through serendipity, I stumbled into the KK 32

Breaking News:  I'm having my contractor build a custom gazebo 17' x 7' with a 8'-10' ceiling to house both the KK 32 and my extra large oval.  Everything should be done by mid-week.  Phase 2 will follow in 2-3 weeks and will include electrical work and an outdoor kitchen with granite countertop.  My dilemma is that my oval is mounted to a stainless steel table.  Perhaps , the countertop area can be designed so that the oval table can be slid right under it.  Maybe, I'll create a platform just for the oval and then sell the table to an oval owner.  Maybe, I'll replace the oval with a small KK.   Nah!  At least not now.

• Like 1

I wrote the following ages ago and forgot to click "Submit" :( The good thing about this forum is that you don't loose your post when you shut down.

Izzy, welcome. :) You have jumped in with both feet and you will find that the food tastes even better cooked on a KK, the chicken will be more moist, the rib will be easier, the pizza will be over the top, etc., etc. Be prepare for another just in taste, remember when you went from the gasser to the oval, now you're going to a KK. :)

I'm willing to bet you will get the small KK. :)

Edited by MacKenzie

I had a XL bge before I had my bronze 23. When I was building my outdoor kitchen, the 23 was center stage, and the bge was getting a shelf to the side. During construction, I put the grills in place just to get an idea of the look, and guess what happened? A bronze 19" TT ended up where the egg was supposed to go. NO ONE can resist the POWER of the dark side!!

Rob

• Like 2

Yes.  I will take lots of pictures.  I recall someone saying that I was supposed to receive a user manual via email.  So far, I have not received anything.  Is there a video out there that walks you through the KK 32 in great details?  I have seen quite a few videos online, but I have not found the definitive guide that covers everything about the KK 32 similar to the online resources available for my oval.  Before I received my oval, I already knew how to accurately control the temperature and use it effectively to cook ribs, beer can chicken, pork loin etc... because there so many detailed how-to videos available online.  Given that I won't have much time to fiddle around with my KK 32 before my event, I'd like to really educate myself before it gets here on Thursday.

Yes.  I will take lots of pictures.  I recall someone saying that I was supposed to receive a user manual via email.  So far, I have not received anything.  Is there a video out there that walks you through the KK 32 in great details?  I have seen quite a few videos online, but I have not found the definitive guide that covers everything about the KK 32 similar to the online resources available for my oval.  Before I received my oval, I already knew how to accurately control the temperature and use it effectively to cook ribs, beer can chicken, pork loin etc... because there so many detailed how-to videos available online.  Given that I won't have much time to fiddle around with my KK 32 before my event, I'd like to really educate myself before it gets here on Thursday.

Great news, indeed! :smt038

You should get the User Manual shortly, as Dennis is pretty prompt at getting those sent out once the shipment is underway. I'd send you a copy of mine, but I own an older 23" and don't know if there are differences in the content for the 32" BB. 

If there's anything in particular you are concerned about, just ask here. That's part of what the Forum is for. 

Edited by tony b

Bad news:  My KK 32 will NOT be delivered today because it has not even arrived at the terminal in my area.   It is unlikely it will be delivered tomorrow which would be too late anyway and I definitely would not want it to be delivered on the day of the event on Saturday.  Now, I'm going to have to use my oval and also call a catering service.  That truly sucks!  It's my fault because I took too long to make up my mind between the KK 23 and K32.   Oh well, I'll use it on Independence Day I guess.

that sucks.... but remember it could always be worse.  I think that I hold the record for longest shipment.  When I ordered; weather, boats, customs into Canada etc etc caused massive delays.  My delivery took 4 months and shipping to Canada from Indo was not easy for Dennis.  He kept me in the loop through the entire process but each day was like torture.  I actually have a post where I tracked the boats progression.   Luckily most KK's are bought from the inventory in Calif.

I think that you made the right choice with the 32" and taking your time to decide was the right choice.  Once it gets there, you will never have a care in the world again

• Like 1

The issue is that I was really counting on the KK 32 to do a lot of cooking tomorrow i.e. 6/24 especially since the number of guests for Saturday has increased from 100 to 160.  As for July 4, I'll have only 30 folks.  Why wife keeps asking when will the grill show up.  I have not told her the bad news, but I have already gotten in touch with a few caterers which should compensate for that.  Actually, I'm trouble!  However, the guests will be fed now matter what.

• Like 1

So close, but ...

We all feel sorry for you and know how much you wanted to impress your guests with the KK. Life is like that sometimes. And Bosco is right, once it arrives and you start cooking on it, all this will fade into the background noise because you will be so in love with your KK at that point. Hang in there!