Izzy

Through serendipity, I stumbled into the KK 32

My contractor just wrapped up my custom 17' x 7' grill gazebo today.  Within the next 2-3 weeks, I plan to have the custom outdoor kitchen built right under the gazebo.  I ordered side tables with my KK 32, but it now appears I won't ever use them.

Also, I received my rotisserie motor today.  I did not expect it to be so heavy.  Won't it damage the KK 32 if it is permanently mounted on the side?

custom_grill_gazebo.jpg

OneGrill_Rotisserie_Motor.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

My contractor just wrapped up my custom 17' x 7' grill gazebo today.  Within the next 2-3 weeks, I plan to have the custom outdoor kitchen built right under the gazebo.  I ordered side tables with my KK 32, but it now appears I won't ever use them.

Also, I received my rotisserie motor today.  I did not expect it to be so heavy.  Won't it damage the KK 32 if it is permanently mounted on the side?

custom_grill_gazebo.jpg

OneGrill_Rotisserie_Motor.jpg

Nice gazebo.  

You went with the extra heavy duty model motor. 

I just read your dilemma sorry to hear mate the gazebo looks cool love the angles on the roof and I'm pretty sure that motor will spin a pig I have no idea if it will cause damage just leaving it there but I would just disconnect it and put it in one of your inbuilt kitchen cupboards when not in use .I'm with you about the side tables I ordered mine but have come up with a plan that may never see me using them hmm bugger it I will get them turn them into nice wall art if I don't use them lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

That is a big motor. It's not going to hurt anything where the bracket mounts to the KK. It uses the same holes and bolts that the side table uses. The only issue is the weight of the motor warping the mounting bracket and that probably won't be an issue either.

Most people just remove the motor when not in use as it only takes a minute or two to remove or install the motor.

Reef's Bistro

Nice gazebo. Can't wait to see the finished outdoor kitchen and KK setup. 

While it won't hurt the KK or likely the mounting bracket to leave the motor on, I'd take it off to be on the safe side. It's an easy on/off operation. Plus, I don't like leaving electrical equipment out in the elements if it's not built for it. 

Hi Izzy;

I also ordered the large side motor. The smaller motor spends at 3 RPM's and the big motor spins at 2 RPM's.  Don't know how that will translate in the cooking. The bracket is pretty heavy duty and I think the motor will do just fine, but like the guys say better to take it off if you are not using it. If you decide you want to leave it place my opinion is it will hang there just perfectly. I called Dennis to ask where to put the bracket and he said to mount it behind the table brackets. Mine didn't fit behind so I mounted in front of the bracket and it works fine, especially with the adjustable bracket.

Your gazebo looks great, please send more pictures when its finished.

It is event day today and my ribs are still not done.  They've been on the oval since 4:00 AM.  I went to sleep around 6:00 AM and woke up at 7:30 AM.  To my consternation, when when I went to check the ribs, I noticed that the temperature had dropped from 250 before I went to sleep to 160 degrees.     I had plenty of charcoal in there, but I guess I should have opened the vent a little more given that I was using the deflector plates.  That's just too bad because I still need to cook burgers and hot dogs.  If only I had received my KK 32!  The guests will be here in 3 hours.

@Izzy - here's the deal.  You need to turbo cook these ribs.  Kick the temp up to 275-300, wrap the ribs, and relax.  Unwrap the ribs about 30 minutes before done.  That'll set the bark.  You're going to be just fine.  

As for the burgers and dawgs,  those are easy peasy, so don't sweat those.  Dawgs cook quick and burgers are best right off the grill.  At least that's what I always tell me guests! ;)

Relax and enjoy.  

Breaking News:  The KK 32 arrived at the terminal today, but no delivery has been scheduled.

I've been tracking the KK 32 and I saw this morning that it had arrived at the terminal.  This afternoon I called to arrange for a delivery, but I was put on hold on for too long and had to hang up.  Tomorrow would have been a perfect day for the delivery, but it had to be scheduled today.  Oh well, I hope to hear from them tomorrow.  

As for my event on Saturday, everything went well.  The oval did a lot of heavy lifting and everyone raved about the ribs!  How can I ever get rid of my oval?  When my KK 32 did not show up, my oval saved the day.   A number of folks came under the grill gazebo to take a look at the oval and were very impressed.  When some of them learned I had a new grill on the way, they could not understand why I needed a new grill.  When I told them as great as the oval is, the new grill is in a league of its own.  Is it an Egg?  My response was NO.  Is it a Joe?  NO.   "What is it then?", another person asked.  I replied it was Komodo Kamado Big Bad 32 and of course, I had to spell it.   One lady googled it immediately and almost went under cardiac arrest.  "OMG!  You paid that much for a grill?", she asked.   My wife who was nearby overhead and immediately said "I don't want to know.  I don't want to know.  He said it was expensive".  That lady made things worse by shouting "He bought a charcoal grill that costs more than than a Wolf or Viking range!".  Then my wife said "Honey!  Honey!  What?   Anyway, please hurry up with those burgers!".  Later that evening, my wife insisted that she did not want to know about the price.   I guess I am now in trouble!

• Like 2

Your not alone.

If my wife finds out how much my 2 KK'S cost, I'M DEAD!!! Good thing I bought them during the 2 for 1 sale...lol.

That's one of the best stretching of the truth I've heard yet when buying a kamado. LOL

Doesn't work so well when your wife cruises the forums.

Reef's Bistro