bryan

2 Day Aged Steak

Hello all, the main reason that Tony had mediocre results are due to the very poor quality of the Koji. Was informed. that particular brand is also counterfeited apparently by a Chinese using a company in Japan it owns / controls. The labels and names are pretty much identical. Other chefs and I have had similar experiences from a severe lack of enzymatic activity. 

So for all those reasons Don't write it off!

While we don't sell koji we are the originators of the "Quik-Qure" process that uses koji in different forms, both powder and liquid to achieve the enhancement and dry aging process you're discussing here. Btw the process enhances the flavor of any protein, fish, pork, chicken, ribs etc. Not necessarily dry aged but in as little as an hour to overnight makes a HUGE difference.    

You can see our results on Instagram as @_broken_mold

• Like 1

I've had good luck with this preparation and some standard thick cut sirloin steaks. I used this Koji Aged Steak process and just Salt/Pepper. I have a Japanese friend who makes her own Koji powder that I have gotten a batch from. However, she also does fermenting clinics and uses the mail order version. Worked fine when we did Doburoku.

-MP