MacKenzie

Boneless Beef Rib Dinner

This is the first time I've seen boneless beef short ribs at the local store so I thought I'd give them a try.

SV @ 137F for 48 hours.

While this was happening look at what was happening at my pot of chives-

Butterflies.jpg

Butterfly 1A.jpg

Dinner-

SV Beef Rib Dinner.jpg

The meat was very tender and tasty.

Beef Rib Meat.jpg

Beef Texture.jpg

Butterflies.jpg

Butterflies.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

Wow those ribs look beautiful and I bet even tastier. Now that's what I call low and slow!

So that's what a chive plant looks like. What nice pictures, those butterfly's don't even look real they are so perfect.

quick question what does vous vide mean? I have seen it mentioned several times on the site.

Thans, Bruce.:) It is a method of cooking where you put food in a bag, vacuum sealed it, the put the whole thing in a water bath. The whole thing is submerged under water. It can really tenderize a tough cut of meat. More tender cuts take a shorter time to cook. You can kill the "bugs" by doing a hot fast cook (grill/frying pan) or longer cooler cook (sous vide).

@MacKenzie - wow! That's one beautiful cook.  I'd eat those ribs every day.  Kudos to you!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the real show stopper is the flutterby pics.  It is REALLY hard to compete with Mother Nature's unbridled beauty.  Knowing you, I'm betting you planted those chive plants with a dual purpose in mind.  Am I right?  

Thanks for the pics of the cook and especially your flutterbys!

@ Bruce, this shot of my chives was taken early this morning as I went out to feed the wildlife.:)

They come up year after year. :)

Pot of Chives.jpg

BTW, Bruce, the more you cook the better you'll get at it and before you know it you won't want to eat out any more, things will just taste better and it might even turn into a big hobby.:) :smt023 :smt023

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1

Nicely done, as usual, MacKenzie!

Alas, my chives were killed this spring with a late frost. So, I've had to start over with new plants. Doing well, but no where near flowering like yours! Gotta love the pics of the butterflies. Fingers crossed my annuals come up soon in my butterfly garden. Planted the milkweed last year. it's all sprung up now. Haven't seen any Monarch's yet this year. 

@Bruce Pearson - hope you got in on the Father's Day sale at Anova. I posted the link over in the Sous Vide thread in this Forum. You're going to be amazed at how food turns out when done SV.