CeramicChef

Taco Night At ChezChef

Howdy KKers!  Greetings from HOT Oklahoma!

Here is a recent taco cook here at ChezChef. Quick, easy, and very tasty. I marinated the flank steak in my FoodSaver Quick Marinating Canister for about 4 hours (If you don't have one, I can highly recommend it.).  

Here is the cooked steak resting on the cutting board.

IMG_0292.jpg

Sliced Steak on the board.

IMG_0294.jpg

And here's the money shot. Sides were black beans and grilled corn on the cob.

IMG_0296.jpg

This was quick, easy, and sumptuous! Thanks for taking a look.  

Here's to great cooks and evening better memories withfamilyi and friends!

Edited by CeramicChef
Get Pics working.
  • Like 2

Nice CC!   Hope you're eating inside...in the A/C :D

If its any consolation...its hot everywhere in the central & west now!   129º F record set yesterday in Death Valley.  Isn't that just about your heat index when temp and humidity are factored?!   

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Everything looks perfectly delicious, especially the meat, it's awesome. :smt055:smt023 :smt023

@MacKenzie - Those tacos were simply wonderful.  And that homemade salsa was the topper (well, maybe a little too hot for most, but I loved it!) that just set things off.  Thanks for the kind words.

28 minutes ago, dstr8 said:

Nice CC!   Hope you're eating inside...in the A/C :D

If its any consolation...its hot everywhere in the central & west now!   129º F record set yesterday in Death Valley.  Isn't that just about your heat index when temp and humidity are factored?!   

Yeah, Charles, I know how to get out of the heat!  In this weather, a cold beer is never far away.  I hope you're the same.  While it gets really hot and humid here in Central OK, 129 isn't even in the realm of possibilities!  WOW!  That's just amazingly hot.  

Remember my Friend, you and Susan Rose stay well hydrated!  And you know what I mean!;)

That goes for the rest of you good folks here.  Please stay safe and well hydrated, no matter your quaff of choice!

40 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

man the steak looks so good. I like flank steak in fact had some in my stir fry from last Friday. everything on this site looks so good. how long did the steak take to cook?

@Bruce Pearson - Thanks for those nice words.  I appreciate you taking time to to tell me what you think of this cook.  You'll be doing the same and better here in the near future.

The steaks only took a couple of minutes on each side.

17 hours ago, skreef said:

CC those look like great Tacos. Ckreef and I ate at Taco Hell today.. But i bet yours would have been much much better. Great cook.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

@skreef - Susan, everytime I eat at Taco Hell I swear it's my last time.  But, I keep going back! :)

Fresh tacos are really, really hard to beat and these reminded me of that.  I saw this cook here yesterday and it made me want some enchiladas, so I just whipped some up.  I'll post that cook later.  I've gotten to where I can actually do basic Mexican fairly well.