dstr8

Clam Chowdah Pizza

So, MacKenzie with her sous vide potatoes inspired me to revisit clam pizza:  Thanks @MacKenzie.  

I've made and posted about clam & bacon pizza before but its been a couple years.  I can't claim the original idea for this incredibly deelish pie but rather the raw idea came from Joe Squared in Baltimore as seen on Guy Fieri's Diner's Drive-ins and Dives a few years ago.   

This time I decided to leverage MacK's potatoes into an unseasonable, for summer in Northern Nevada anyway :D, pizza version of clam chowder.     All the usual suspects show up for the bake-off at 700ºF on the Twenty-Three:   Neapolitan style dough (3-day cold ferment), roasted garlic, cheese & herb béchamel, sauted onions, the sous vide potatoes, rendered bacon (d'oh), raw clams (sous vide'd for 30-minutes at 124º), grated asiago, fresh mozzarella ciliegine...and finished it, after removing from the KK, with a drizzle of fruity EVO & fresh oregano.

IMG_1457 2.JPG

IMG_8544.JPG

Clam Chowda Pizza Slice.jpg

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 4