Shuley

Best smash burgers to date!

On 7/1/2016 at 10:49 AM, Shuley said:

Very interesting. Any idea how much they will run or when they will be available?

We are closed for Ramadan/ Idul Fitri.. back at work on the 11th.  The samples will be picked up then.
We are making only one size  15.3”d x 16.9"w   KK shaped.  Once I've ok-ed the design cutting and machining them is easy because it's all CNC.

We're trying to com up with a clever solution to pick them up.  As always no idea on price.. it's never a consideration when we build things.  We've never changed or reduced quality on anything to hit a price point.

• Like 1

We are closed for Ramadan/ Idul Fitri.. back at work on the 11th.  The samples will be picked up then.

We are making only one size  15.3”d x 16.9"w   KK shaped.  Once I've ok-ed the design cutting and machining them is easy because it's all CNC.

We're trying to com up with a clever solution to pick them up.  As always no idea on price.. it's never a consideration when we build things.  We've never changed or reduced quality on anything to hit a price point.

Enjoy your time off Dennis try not to let anyone breath on you lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

On July 1, 2016 at 10:45 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

Glad to hear you are thinking about how to pick the griddle up!   Of course I'm not surprised ;)    Nice!

MacJeezie in da house!

Glad you like rocking the mis en place. Makes cooking go so much smoother! I have dozens of small ramekins, glass bowls, etc. to measure out ingredients into and line up in the order that they go into a dish. 

Edited by tony b

Made some smashburgers for dinner last night and learned an important lesson. Our daughter had some friends over and there were all swimming. We called them for dinner before the burgers were done, but by the time they got changed and ready to eat, about 10 minutes had passed since the last burger was pulled off the grill. I kept them in a warm oven while we waited.

They were not nearly as good as they would have been right off the grill. Lesson learned - serve these things as quickly as possible!

57 minutes ago, cschaaf said:

Made some smashburgers for dinner last night and learned an important lesson. Our daughter had some friends over and there were all swimming. We called them for dinner before the burgers were done, but by the time they got changed and ready to eat, about 10 minutes had passed since the last burger was pulled off the grill. I kept them in a warm oven while we waited.

They were not nearly as good as they would have been right off the grill. Lesson learned - serve these things as quickly as possible!

If you have sous vide ability...try it next time.   The burgers will be seared quickly and effectively but the interior will still be juicy even after a rest/hold.

1 hour ago, dstr8 said:

If you have sous vide ability...try it next time.   The burgers will be seared quickly and effectively but the interior will still be juicy even after a rest/hold.

I do have SV and want to try some SV burgers, but I did a round of smashburgers a few months ago and my wife hasn't wanted them any way since. Next time, I'll just tell people to get out of the pool earlier and/or eat mine without them. ;)