Howdy again KKers!

I had a couple of pounds of hamburger that needed to be eaten and I had a couple of friends coming over to just hand out, drink some beer, burn a few burgers, nothing big.  I thought rather than burgers, I'd do enchiladas.  I had one couple bring black beans, another chips and salsa for nachos, and another bring more beer.  I called an audible and switched from burgers to enchiladas.  Browned up the meat, onions, peppers, etc. and made a quick great sauce.

Here are the enchis rolled and in the pan and on the main grate in TheBeast.

IMG_1374.jpg

Here is the pan just prior to the pull.  

IMG_1378.jpg

Here is the closeup view that shows the cheese just the right color of brown for my guests and me.  Just an ever so slight crunch there that was quite tasty.

IMG_1379.jpg

And finally the money shot.  

IMG_1380.jpg

This was just a simple and quick enchi cook that worked out quite well.  We all had our fill of food and beer and had a great time shooting the breeze.  Good audible at the line.  I hope your weekend was as enjoyable as mine.

Thanks for looking.

18 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Great looking meal. Enchiladas is one cook I have not been successful with. I need to climb back on that horse and try again.

Reef's Bistro

Thanks, Charles.  Heck, enchis are nothing but rolled tacos with a little sauce.  I'm certain you can get that done.  With your abilities, it'll be no big deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinyfish said:

Ken those look great. I have never tried an enchilada cook before, never eating an enchilada either. 

I have to give them a try very soon. They look like a pan of tasty goodness.

Tony - enchiladas are so dead simple even i cant mess things up!  Seriously.  If you can put a spoonful of filling in a flour tortilla and roll it in a tube, youve just made an enchilada.  Be well, my Friend.