CeramicChef

Planked Garlic Marinated Salmon

Posted Today, 06:02 PM

Howdy KKers!

So last evening was a nice night to try a cook that I only do occasionally ... planked salmon.  I found these Canadian Sugar Maple planks at the local BBQ Speciality Shop and they were on sale ... at $14.95!  I'm a sucker and got a package as I had a nice couple of pieces of salmon marinating in an olive oil, garlic, a tad bit of lemon juice, red pepper flakes, etc.  Here is that cook.  

I soaked the planks about 2 hours as prescribed on the packaging and here it is going on the grate.

IMG_1401.jpg

This picture shows the salmon placed on the plank after the plank had heated for about 45 minutes and was flipped.  I decided to use the marinade and poured it on top of the salmon.

IMG_1403.jpg

Here is a top view immediately the salmon went on the plank.

IMG_1405.jpg

This is a shot of the salmon right before I pulled it.

IMG_1412.jpg

Now the table shots ... This is a salad a Friend made for me; her's  was about a third this size!  Pete The Salt Pig likes seeing me eat salad instead of his kin!   :-D

IMG_1406.jpg

Here are a couple of money shots.

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

This was a really nice cook.  I'm a big fan os fish and I'll cook fish just about any way you can imagine.  In every previous cook, I've always tossed the plank but this time the Canadian Sugar Maple came through the cook in great shape.  I washed it off and put it back on the grate to sanitize and dry at the direction of the guys at the BBQ Speciality Store.  We'll see how that works out.  

Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July Holiday.  Please don't drink and drive!

8 hours ago, Shuley said:

That salmon looks awesome. Also, I have never heard of reusing wood planks before.

Shelly - thanks.  I've never reused planks before, but the guys at the BBQ Speciality store said to reuse if I wanted, so .... These planks cost a LOT more than cedar planks.  I can get a set of 6  cedar planks for what one of these Sugar Maple planks cost.  So reuse I will!