Steve M

Hurry up and wait

I ordered a new 23" today - Terra Blue - with all the trimmings. I am really looking forward to cooking on this beauty. I currently have a pellet grill and a big weber gasser. The combo has been working ok but there are some things that they just can't do well. After having some food on a friend's BGE, I started looking into ceramic cookers and here I am. The hard part of course was picking out the color and I changed my mind a lot but I finally picked one I couldn't do without.

I spent the weekend perusing the entire forum so if you have any questions, do a search or ask me lol. There is a great group here and I look forward to the journey.

Steve

• Like 1

welcome to the fold brother Steve.

Dennis' cookers are righteous indeed, and by far the closest thing a Kamado has to eternal life.

You will not believe how well built these baby's are... 

Looking forward to the christening...!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lannoos said:

welcome to the fold brother Steve.

Dennis' cookers are righteous indeed, and by far the closest thing a Kamado has to eternal life.

You will not believe how well built these baby's are... 

Looking forward to the christening...!

I am really blown away by the design and it looks like Dennis thought of everything. The quality comes through even in the photos. 

I'm dusting off the camera to get ready...

5 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Steve M, you made the right decision and get ready to move your food taste to the next level with this cooker. Looking forward to seeing pixs, (lots of them), of your delivery. :)

Thanks MacKenzie, I would have thought after seeing one delivery, you've seen them all. But after reading through the forum this weekend, I couldn't get enough. I'll try to oblige and do my part.

@Steve M - just wait until you touch that new 23" Ultimate!  It feels like no other kamado.  The cooking experience will be a true joy.  The KK cooks like nothing you've ever experienced and the more you cook, the more you realize that the KK/Dennis actually anticipates what you want done, when you want it done.  You soon discover that the KK cook is a very tacit experience.

8 hours ago, bosco said:

That is awesome! Congrats on the new cooker. What got you into the KK? I can't wait to see photos 

I ran across one while searching some youtube videos for bbq'ing. I was pretty intrigued and the more I learned about them, the more I knew I had to have one. I can't wait to take some photos; we should get along well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dstr8 said:

Congrats Steve M!   Prepare to be spoiled by the incredibly versatile Komodo Kamado!   And to be OK with your other grills going unused :)

I prepared my family for the new arrival. the first comment was "I thought you loved your pellet grill". There will be a tweak or two of the heart strings. Hopefully the food will ease the pain.

• Like 1

When are you expecting?

I have no idea lol I'm not to fussed that's just the way I am pretty easy going have not rang Dennis to enquire I'm sure he will let me know when it's ready he sent me a pic looks like it's almost ready 88291f65781bb4176d1c4fa3dc07656f.jpg looking forward to seeing it in person

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

That's a beauty! My decision came down to that one or the terra blue. I was trying to imagine what it would look like in it's new surroundings and went with the blue. I still think about it and will continue to do so until it arrives.

• Like 1