Steve M

Hurry up and wait

That's a beauty! My decision came down to that one or the terra blue. I was trying to imagine what it would look like in it's new surroundings and went with the blue. I still think about it and will continue to do so until it arrives.

That's the decision what blends in I went with this as 1 I like the gravel look and 2 it will blend in at my house in saying that I have a red kamado joe classic and Jr that don't blend in with nothing but I liked the fact they they stand out funny .

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Welcome to the KK Family. You're in for the ride of your life.

Once the KK arrives, your next big decision is - what to do with the gasser and pellet smoker? as they won't see much, if any, action going forward. 

The thing I really like about the pellet grill is the ability to go forever at a steady temp and cooking with wood. The problem was you were pretty much limited to indirect cooking. I like the versatility of the kk and one of the best things I ever tasted from a grill came off a BGE. 

Thanks for the welcome

• Like 1

When I got my first kamado, an XL BGE, within a month my gasser and stick burner were gone, gone, gone.  Sold off with absolute impunity.  When I took delivery of TheBeast, my like new Primo was gone to a new home that had been lined up for weeks.  After the KK hits your patio, everything else pales to insignificance.  And I just can't see more flower pots on the patio!  :sign5:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve M said:

Does KK offer anything like the Amazon prime service? It's already been 2+ days and no delivery :-D

I think Dennis is on his own for a bit as his employees are on a post-Ramadan vacation.  I'm 50 miles from his southern CA inventory site and while his staff yesterday was supposed to have sent pickup/shipping orders to the delivery company, he is struggling to locate those records.  As part of that process I was to have been sent an email from KK so I could proactively reach out to the shipper and make final delivery instructions, but I've not yet received that information.

From my own interactions with Dennis and all of the feedback from others on this site, Dennis is on top of things quickly.  You and I have had the misfortune of 4th of July (in my case) and Ramadan slowing things down...heavy sigh! ;-)

2 minutes ago, KevinD said:

I think Dennis is on his own for a bit as his employees are on a post-Ramadan vacation.  I'm 50 miles from his southern CA inventory site and while his staff yesterday was supposed to have sent pickup/shipping orders to the delivery company, he is struggling to locate those records.  As part of that process I was to have been sent an email from KK so I could proactively reach out to the shipper and make final delivery instructions, but I've not yet received that information.

From my own interactions with Dennis and all of the feedback from others on this site, Dennis is on top of things quickly.  You and I have had the misfortune of 4th of July (in my case) and Ramadan slowing things down...heavy sigh! ;-)

I received a shipping notice this afternoon; not sure if it actually left the inventory site or not but I found it encouraging. Hopefully you will hear soon too.

I hope so - l've been on pins and needles since completing the purchase process with Dennis on 7/1....like you, had I been able to make up my mind on color and a few othe decisions earlier, no doubt by now my KK would be here already!

On 7/7/2016 at 4:26 PM, KevinD said:

I hope so - l've been on pins and needles since completing the purchase process with Dennis on 7/1....like you, had I been able to make up my mind on color and a few othe decisions earlier, no doubt by now my KK would be here already!

Kevin, when did you receive the owners manual email? I haven't received anything yet. Also haven't heard from the shipping company but expect I am a couple of days at least from delivery.

14 minutes ago, xraydoc said:

@Steve M I placed my order just before midnight on July 7th.  By mid afternoon on the 8th I had an email from Dennis detailing the venting instructions.  The manual was an attachment to that email.  If you would like, I am happy to email it to you.

Thanks - pm sent

The instant the crate hits your driveway, a program imbedded in the grill pairs with whatever smart device you own, starting a timer. If the timer isn't deactivated, the program turns your KK into a single burner weber gasser. The ONLY way to halt this is by taking, and posting pics of your new grill on this forum for all of us to see. These pictures must include the crate as it arrives, the grill and accessories during the unpacking process, and finally, the new grill ready to go.

You have been warned.

Rob

• Like 4