Steve M

Hurry up and wait

Whew, did I mention it was hot today? The grill is unpacked and resting comfortably. As promised, I have recorded the entire process for historical purposes.

Can't see it too well but there are two large pallets in there. Despite what I have read on the forum and heard from Dennis, the driver insisted this was a curbside delivery. Fortunately, he was a nice guy and put it where I wanted. 

IMG_2732.JPG

First step done, one more to go.

IMG_2733.JPG

King Oanha Moa Drinki looks on approvingly.

P1000051.JPG

• Like 2

800 lbs of charcoal. This should get me through the first practice phase.

P1000053.JPG

P1000058.JPG

Safely packed away in the shed before forecasted afternoon thunderstorms. I think I could have ordered more...

Time to turn my attention to the main attraction.

P1000056.JPG

• Like 4

First of many breaks.

P1000057.JPG

I like the way this thing is packed and you can tell a lot of thought went into it to assure a safe arrival. The lift off top is really cool but I was by myself so I took off one side. P1000063.JPGP1000064.JPG

P1000061.JPG

Took off the bracing around it, cut the straps put the ramp in place and rolled her off. It is probably best to do this with two people. I was pulling it off the crate and it tilted towards me a bit but I was able to prevent anything bad from happening.

• Like 2

P1000076.JPGP1000077.JPG

The kk is parked in her temporary home. I plan on building a bar and cooking area to have a permanent home out of the weather. 

P1000078.JPG

As you all know, these cookers are gorgeous. Really happy with the choice. Oh, her name is Sol. Did I mention it is hot?

• Like 3