CeramicChef

An Homage To My Irish Roots!

Howdy my KK Friends!

I thought for some strange reason that I'd pay homage to my 0.001% Irish Forefathers this evening.

Tonight's cook consisted of scooped out baked potatoes, filled with some sort of filling, and the whole thing rebaked on the KK.  So, without further ado, here is my homage to Erin.

The very first thing to do is have a couple of bakers well slathered with bacon grease.  Yes, bacon grease.  Yeah, I know, but if you don't use bacon grease, the neo-nazi health police win, and I'm trying to beat the back every day!  If you don't have bacon grease in your kitchen, shame on you!

IMG_1432.jpg

Next, I browned up some 90/10 hamburger meat, some red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, and some onion and garlic.

IMG_1430.jpg

Here are the bakers on the main grate of TheBeast.  I baked them for about an hour at 400F until a fork went in easily.

IMG_1435.jpg

This is a picture of the browned hamburger, peppers, etc. ready for the potatoes.

IMG_1438.jpg

Here are the spuds.  As you can see, slit in half and scoop out most of the interior.  I try and leave about 1/4" all the way around.  Reserve the scooping for potato salad.

IMG_1439.jpg

Tonight I laid down in the scooped potato a simple ragu as a base layer.  

IMG_1440.jpg

Put a heaping amount of the burger mixture in the potato.

IMG_1441.jpg

Sauce again and top with your favorite cheese.  For these I use shredded mozzarella cheese.  Here are the assembled potatoes.  They take about 15 minutes on the grill at 400F.

IMG_1445.jpg

And finally, here is the money shot with Pete The Salt Pig granting approval to chow down!

IMG_1447.jpg

These potatoes are really quite easy to do, especially on a weekday evening.  Instead of hamburger, you can use pork sausage (Pete would not be so happy with that cook!), ground turkey or chicken, or chorizo etc.  Instead of a ragu, you can use salsas, grilled and pureed fruit such as mangoes, peaches, etc.  You can get as creative as you wish.  After all, it's your dinner and you can do it any way you and your family desire.

From the time I lit the FOGO in the belly of TheBeast until I was 400F it was about 15 minutes.  The potatoes took about an hour to bake to fork tender.  To assemble it took no more than 15 minutes.  Time on the grill for the stuffed potatoes was no more than 15 minutes.  All totaled, from start to finish, this simple homage to my Irish roots took about 1 hour and 45 minutes.  I like this cook because there was lots of time to stay hydrated between the flurries of activity.

Thanks for looking.  I appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

Stuffed potatoes rock yours look fantastic CC

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

Chris - the humble potatoe is so dang amenable to just about any type of cook.  You can do just about anything with this type of cook.  Delicious cook.  Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

Really great looking cook and really good pictures.

Reef's Bistro

Charles - my pics, compared to those you and Susan post here, are, at best, average.  Maybe one day I'll really get after it and get a good digital camera and some lighting.  

Charles - my pics, compared to those you and Susan post here, are, at best, average.  Maybe one day I'll really get after it and get a good digital camera and some lighting.  

I don't know about all that but I do know you get better every time you post some pictures.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

Yummy looking spuds, CC.

And of course I keep a jar of bacon grease next to the stove - I'm from the South, duh! 

Will do a 2x baked spud with my steak tomorrow evening. Definitely gonna smother that sucker in bacon grease - thx for the suggestion! 

• Like 1

Bacon grease in a can by the stove, Wow my dad used to keep one there also. I didn't  know people still did that. Will wonders never cease. I have a big bucket of lard I used to season my disc-it with, guess I should have used bacon grease. Oh well live and learn from all you master chefs here at the site. Have a nice weekend everybody.