Shuley

Quick comment.

No pictures! Sorry! I was just doing a quick simple meal of grilled salmon, risotto,and a salad last night. I fired up the kk before going to the store, set my vents and went to get my fish. Well, once at the store, things didn't quite go to plan. All of the salmon they had was pre cut into fairly small portions. I grabbed 3, and they were out of asparagus. (who knew it was so popular???) my son has been on a prosciutto wrapped aspargus kick, and I'm glad to encourage vegetable eating. So I nixed the vegetable and went home. Surprise! My kk was right where I wanted it to be-350. These were very small portions of salmon, but I seasoned them how I normally would. Kosher salt, fresh pepper, dill, and mustard powder. I put them on. Well, since I'm normally used to doing a large piece of fish,I kind of guestimated my cooking time. I was way way off. The first time I took the temperature, the fish had to be way over cooked. I pulled them off and hoped the risotto would save dinner. Well, even though according to the thermometer my salmon should have been dry as a bone, it was delicious! And moist?!???!!!! I couldn't believe it. My husband said it was the best salmon he ever had in his life. Other than maybe a really good salmon nigiri. Thank you, koko kamado! You saved dinner!

• Like 1

I have said this before and I will say it again.  The KK will never burn or dry out a meal.  Try as you wish but something magical happens under that lid.  

I forgot chicken for over 20 min and when I went to rescue it, it looked a solute let perfect 

• Like 1

My wife likes her chicken breasts 'charred'. I really have to work at it to get them to char and still, they could out moist and tender.

Also am I the only one that sings this in my head when @Shuley references her koko kamado? 

"I cooked on Koko, Koko Kamado" :music1:

Just me then? Not anymore after you watch this video. Seriously, do yourself a favor and watch this whole video - it is spec-tac-u-lar 

• Like 1