EGGARY

Sarah Moutin's Sangria

I plan on making this tomorrow to go along with the Bourbon Smoked Chicken.  I am a recipe person.  I got the recipe for the Bourbon Smoked Chicken from America's Test Kitchen.

Quick Pink Sangria

Start to finish: 1 hour 20 minutes
Hands on time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6 tall drinks

2 small firm ripe peaches (about 8 ounces), cut into thin slices
1 cup pitted cherries
1 small orange (about 6 ounces), halved and sliced thin
½ cup triple sec or other orange liqueur
1/3 cup superfine granulated sugar*
3 cups chilled dry rose wine (750-ml bottle)
2 cups chilled sparkling water, optional

Stir together peaches, cherries, oranges, triple sec, and sugar in a large pitcher until sugar is dissolved and let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

Stir in wine and sparkling water, if using, and serve. Note: if you are not going to serve it right away, don’t add the sparkling water.

• Like 1

On July 9, 2016 at 7:48 PM, tony b said:

Best part of making sangria - eating the fruit when the drinks are all finished! 

My tweak on it - replace the sparkling water & rose wine with a nice bottle of Brut Rose champagne! 

I have a thing for good champagne.  I'm going to do this and sub champagne.  Great idea, Tony!

@EGGARY - That sounds like an excellent sangria.  I am not much of a wine drinker, but I have a weakness for champagne.  The bubbles in that sangria sound great! I also like @tony b's suggestion of substituting a sparkling rose.  I attached a recipe for a cava sangria.  My wife and I had it at Jaleo - a Jose Andres restaurant in Washington, DC.  We fell in love with it and immediately began scouring the internet for the recipe.  I found it at Food.com, but it is originally Jose Andres'. It is sweet, but it packs a punch.

Sangria.jpg

• Like 2

@tony b - Jaleo was our first introduction to Jose. After that, we have gone a little wild.  We have eaten at Oyamel, Bazaar, China Poblano, and J in Mexico City. They are all unique and different but with he common thread that Jose brings.  He is one of our top 3 favorite chefs. We would love to try more, but alas, that job thing gets in the way....

Thank you for the Recipe for the Sangria.  I also am a big fan of Prosecco and yes there are recipes for Sagria with Prosecco.  Cocktail Hour is going to get fun.  We need to come up for a recipe for a Sangria for our kids' Bar/Bat Mitzvoth.  (Mitzvoth is the plural for Mitzvah in Hebrew)  

19 hours ago, EGGARY said:

We need to come up for a recipe for a Sangria for our kids' Bar/Bat Mitzvoth.  (Mitzvoth is the plural for Mitzvah in Hebrew)  

I believe that Welches (and probably others) make a sparkling grape juice that you could use in the Sangria for the kids Mitzvoth. There are some nice sparkling (non-alcoholic) lemonades, too, that would work.  Mazel Tov!

The sangria sounds great - we ran out of ours rather quickly at our Independence Day Brew & Q bash even though I was serving craft ales :-(. Peaches and cherries = WOW! (in my book)

Bourbon smoked chicken though? Are you keeping that one for yourself? Sounds awesome. Recipe? Please, oh please?

On July 11, 2016 at 0:23 PM, xraydoc said:

@EGGARY - That sounds like an excellent sangria.  I am not much of a wine drinker, but I have a weakness for champagne.  The bubbles in that sangria sound great! I also like @tony b's suggestion of substituting a sparkling rose.  I attached a recipe for a cava sangria.  My wife and I had it at Jaleo - a Jose Andres restaurant in Washington, DC.  We fell in love with it and immediately began scouring the internet for the recipe.  I found it at Food.com, but it is originally Jose Andres'. It is sweet, but it packs a punch.

One note on this recipe as it calls for putting Ice into a Pitcher.  It would be best to put the ice in the glasses instead as the ice in the Pitcher would water down the Sangria.

Sangria.jpg