Nuprin

A little sooner than expected and hello from NC

Hello everyone.  Just bought a used 23" KK from a forum member here from Maryland and having it delivered to NC tomorrow.  I have been looking for a while but wasn't planning on getting a 32" and 19" until after moving to the new house next year but an opportunity arose so here I am.  Have been cooking on ceramics for a few years but can't wait to see how the KK compares.  Will post pictures soon. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Nuprin. Yes he posted it here first. I suggested he would get a better response on the Guru.

Congratulations can't wait to see some pictures of it's new home. Ask any questions you might have. This is a small forum but everyone is nice and helpful.

Reef's Bistro

Nuprin -  good to see you here!  You are not going to believe how easy it is to cook on your new KK.  You'll find that the KK just seems to make your cooks easier at every turn.  Looking forward to your posts and pics!  You're about to understand the true meaning of The Obsession.  

2 hours ago, tony b said:

I don't know what you were cooking on before, but this is a big upgrade. You'll be amazed at the difference. 

And Yes, pictures please!

Have been cooking on 2 Kamado Joes for the past few years.  Not a total kamado newbie but a KK newbie for sure :)

3 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

Nuprin -  good to see you here!  You are not going to believe how easy it is to cook on your new KK.  You'll find that the KK just seems to make your cooks easier at every turn.  Looking forward to your posts and pics!  You're about to understand the true meaning of The Obsession.  

Thanks CC, I read a lot your posts, especially on your KKs so I'm excited to start cooking this week.  Going from a Weber to a Vision to 2 KJs and now a KK probably means that I'm been obsessed.  Plus, I've got over 500lbs of charcoal I need to go through in the next year before I move so what else am I gonna do lol.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shuley said:

You are going to have a ton of fun. And your head will explode from moistness. I thought it was hyped up and would be a small difference. Needless to say....it is NOT a small difference.

I'm really excited about briskets, as I've had a hard time keeping the flat tender in my other cookers.

I'm really excited about briskets, as I've had a hard time keeping the flat tender in my other cookers.

I'm doing my first brisket on the KK today. Curious how it will turn out. It is also my first prime brisket.... So that is a factor also. Not usually my style (to change 2 variables at once) but they were the same price.

It was definitely more moist and tender. Because I used a higher quality meat, it's hard to say which variable had more of an impact. Now that I can get prime brisket, not sure that I would waste a trial putting a regular Wal-Mart brisket on the KK to see how different it would be! LOL. Maybe if I get bored.

It was a bit of a rough start, as they delivery guys arrived late and wasn't quite prepared to what they were dealing with. They had a box truck but the ramp was too narrow for the wider feet of the KK to be pushed up there. I was hoping the lid didn't have to be take off, but it was the only way to get it on the truck at that point. Luckily, it was easy to do and not that hard to put back on once I got it.

Everything got to me in one piece today minus a tile that fell off during the pick-up but the drivers did a good job of setting it back up on my back patio. It still took me and a friend to help the two drivers to get it over the grass effectively.

I have to say, it's quite stunning in person and while showing some wear and tear for a 10 year old grill on the spring, gasket, knobs and metal latch, the tile itself looks brand new. It's truly a work of art and I feel great pride of having something that was crafted so well. It's like a Ferrari standing next to my other grills. I loaded it with about 4 pounds of smallish pieces of RO charcoal to give it a burn through overnight and will report back once I start doing some cooks!

IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3927.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3930.JPG

IMG_3931.JPG