kennyrayandersen

Thinking of upgrading?

Are you thinking of upgrading, hard up for cash, not using your Komodo like you thought you would, or just aren't using your extra 2nd Komodo for those extra big parties you are not having because you lack enough friends? Let me help you! I'm looking for a gently used Komodo Komada and will make a fair offer for one. I know you have been eyeing that new Big Bad Komodo that will swallow a suckling pig whole! Give in to the dark side! Don't make me cave in and buy a new one! I have no shame -- I don't mind that you picked YOUR favorite color, or that it's pre-used! And I make this promise: I will love it like you did and I will care for it like it was always my own! Cheers, Kenny

• Like 2

Yea not many of these go used. Might be another 5 years before you see another one.

The most recent used one sold in less than 2 weeks.

Just bite the bullet and buy new. The next few years you're going to wait trying to find a used deal could have been spent cooking on a KK.

Reef's Bistro

I've got a decent Oklahoma Joe's smoker that I can satisfy my general lust for BBQ. In fact I just cooked the best brisket I've probably ever eaten anywhere, any time. So I'm not in a huge hurry.

I've been intrigued by the kamado cookers for some time and would like to go in that direction to try them out. OK, so why don't I get a cheap one to start? I appreciate quality and functionality -- I guess it's the mechanical engineer coming out in me! Anyway, engineers don't make that much money, are frugal and aren't into borrowing money; so, I can be a bit patient. I waited 6 monthsn to find the car I wanted for my wife (and bought it half way across the country!), and I waited 30 years to buy the car I wanted and had it shipped over from the UK! I can wait for a smoker...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kennyrayandersen said:

I've got a decent Oklahoma Joe's smoker that I can satisfy my general lust for BBQ. In fact I just cooked the best brisket I've probably ever eaten anywhere, any time. So I'm not in a huge hurry.

I've been intrigued by the kamado cookers for some time and would like to go in that direction to try them out. OK, so why don't I get a cheap one to start? I appreciate quality and functionality -- I guess it's the mechanical engineer coming out in me! Anyway, engineers don't make that much money, are frugal and aren't into borrowing money; so, I can be a bit patient. I waited 6 monthsn to find the car I wanted for my wife (and bought it half way across the country!), and I waited 30 years to buy the car I wanted and had it shipped over from the UK! I can wait for a smoker...

Well i dont own a kk yet but if your a engineer then you can appreciate the quality that goes into a kk i for one am saving up as soon as i get the money i will pull the trigger 

You can be frugal all you want and put off the purchase for a long time but from what i have been told when and if you get a kk you will regret the time you lost cooking on it and kick yourself for it 

Again good luck 

12 hours ago, kennyrayandersen said:

AMEN!  Another engineer in the crowd ... welcome to the warped side!  

However, if you're like me, when you do get your KK, you'll wonder why you waited so long and you'll find that backyard cooking just got easier and your cooking abilities just got much better!  My KKs have made me a MUCH better cook than I ever was on any other cooker I've ever owned.  

And I'm so tight I squeak when I blink! :sign5:

I would consider myself a fairly decent cook.  When I upgraded from a kettle to the KJ I was blown away.  

When I upgraded from the KJ to the KK there was a noticeable difference in my cooking. Nothing changed, the cooker just made better meals.  

i am really impressed with the KK. Best investment to date 

• Like 1

It's a common lament on this site, "Why did I wait so long to buy it?" 

Like I used to do when buying cars - open a special savings account and automatically stash a bit of money each payday until your accumulate enough to buy it. Painless. 

• Like 2