xraydoc

Updated shipping info

I received an email from someone at the factory with updated shipping info on my KK.  I think it means that it is on a ship named "Nordlion". I am sure there is more information to be found, but I think need an experts help. @bosco? You seem to be the resident expert in tracking down container ships. Any words of advice? Below is the text of the email.

Status Cargo / BL# SLGBHL0602 = NORDLION 133 // Re: Shipping Instruction HALUS For FCL 1x40 HC to Long Beach , CA US Stuffing On Friday, June 24, 2016

cargo has been loaded to m/v as per schedule, but there any update re ATD Sin & adjustment on ETA Lax ya Bu..
pls find asf 

Ok. Spending time at work researching shipping lines instead of actually working.... I know everyone will find that hard to believe.

Best I can tell, HALUS and NORDLION are container ships.  My KK is on a 1x40 High Cube Container, headed to Long beach.  IT is leaving through Sin - Singapore.  Unfortunately, I cannot tie either of those ships to Singapore.  It look like Dennis uses the  PIL shipping lines.  Great website listing all of their routes etc.  But again the Halus does not fit in as I can tell. The NORDLION belongs to a different shipping company I think...

If you can't tell, I am obsessing.  Not much real work getting done....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xraydoc said:

I received an email from someone at the factory with updated shipping info on my KK.  I think it means that it is on a ship named "Nordlion". I am sure there is more information to be found, but I think need an experts help. @bosco? You seem to be the resident expert in tracking down container ships. Any words of advice? Below is the text of the email.

Status Cargo / BL# SLGBHL061602 = NORDLION 133 // Re: Shipping Instruction HALUS For FCL 1x40 HC to Long Beach , CA US Stuffing On Friday, June 24, 2016

cargo has been loaded to m/v as per schedule, but there any update re ATD Sin & adjustment on ETA Lax ya Bu..
pls find asf 

Currently moored in Singapore according to my iphone app: Marinetraffic. 

IMG_2729.PNG

IMG_2730.PNG

• Like 1

that feeder ship Halus appears to be a bit of a red herring for me.  

There should be a mother ship listed eventually.  You do not get that info until your item is on the ship.

From what I can see, Singapore to Los Angeles and Long Beach runs on the Pacific route SE3  South East Asia 3 run from Singapore to Laem Chabang Thailand to Yantian China.   (Halus was in the area of Thailand so I wonder if your package was loaded on two boats from Malaysia to Singapore then from Singapore to Thailand)

From Yantian China the route hits Los Angeles CA

Based on that schedule, I checked OOCL sailing schedule for the SE3 route

The Mother Ships leaving around that time frame are the following

July 1st NYK ARTEMIS 088E arrival July 26th Long Beach

July 7th NYK THESEUS 040E arrival August 2nd Long Beach

July 13th HANJIN DALLAS 0076E arrival August 4th Long Beach

July 19th HANGIN SEATTLE 0029E arrival August 14th Long Beach

Based on the fact that I can not find a schedule for Halus, and the email you received said it was loaded on the vessel, I am taking a guess that your package is going to be on the HANJIN DALLAS boat following the SE3 route to Long Beach CA

• Like 1

@bosco I love your enthusiasm. I must say I geek out on it too.  I couldn't figure out which day the Nordlion left Surabaya and arrived in Singapore on schedule 133, so I built a quick spreadsheet and ran a regression to extrapolate the dates based upon future scheduled transit times.  The Halus thing really through me for a loop. In case anyone is interested, there is a ship named the Kota Halus scheduled to arrive in Chittagong any day now.  It is registered under a Singapore flag further confusing matters.

Edited by xraydoc