xraydoc

Updated shipping info

@Aussie Ora Between my own research and Bosco's help this is what I have learned so far...

Apparently the Nordlion is a feeder ship.  It runs a route called the Surabaya shuttle or the Surabaya express (SIS1).  It basically runs back and forth between Surabaya and Singapore. It leaves Surabaya approximately every 6-7 days.  So it has hopefully made multiple trips since dropping off my grill. Hopefully it dropped of my grill on a trip several weeks ago.  From Singapore the container carrying my grill (and many others!) will be transferred to the "mothership." The mothership will continue on a route known as SE3 which bounces up the east Asia coast until crossing for Long Beach, CA.  As you correctly point out, we do not know the name of the mothership.  In looking at shipping schedules it appears that there are 4 boats running the SE3 route in this general time period.  The Artemis, Theseus, Dallas, and Seattle. They leave in that order and arrive in Long beach at about 1 week intervals.  So...... I am seriously hoping my container is on the Artemis, but I realize that is overly optimistic. If it is on the Theseus or Dallas that seems reasonable.  If it is on the Seattle, I will be disappointed. All that said, just knowing it is on the mothership across the Pacific will be great! Dennis said he will get me the name of the mothership. As soon as I have it, I will post it. 

Go Artemis!

• Like 1

you guys posted the wrong boat FYI.  There is a theseus and a NYK Theseus.   Your boat is the NYK Theseus and its massive! It was last seen near Tokyo before going off the grid, travelling at 18.5kn.   

here was the last track and the actual boat that is bringing your KK over.  Still doesn't change the arrival date, however, a little update to keep you happy

NYK_THESEUS.jpgScreen Shot 2016-07-24 at 1.04.42 PM.png

• Like 1

Thanks @bosco! I just got back from vacation and I am eagerly counting the days.  At some point last week I cured out it was the NYK Theseus.  That is actually the boat I have been tracking, but I just haven't been calling it by the right name.  Oops!

In the meantime, I have been trying to accumulate all of the other stuff I may need. I have been looking for  a 2qt CI dutch oven to make an "@Syzygiesbrand" smoker pot with.  I may have to order one online.  What type of 1/8" bit did you use to drill the holes? Will a standard bit work?