xraydoc

Updated shipping info

Yes, a standard metal drill bit will work, as cast iron is actually relatively soft metal. Here's the link to the one that I bought, which was the cheapest that I could find at the time. 

http://www.texsport.net/cast-iron-cookware-and-accessories/seasoned-quart-cast-iron-dutch-oven-with-legs-p-8448.html

It's actually cheaper now than when I bought mine back in 2013. 

Edited by tony b

how much are you going to love me!  So I am registered on a few ship tracking sites from when I ordered my KKs and one of the sites I seem to have built up some credits. Not sure how lol but anyways, I was able to do a one time Satellite tracking of your boat.... even though it is showing off the grid.  So here is the most current update on where your boat is.  You are 4 days away from arrival and at full speed to the USA.

I will see if I have enough credit to get another update in a few days for you

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 7.15.13 PM.png

• Like 1

There are rumors of an imminent work slow-down (best case) or work stoppage due to some disputes at west coast ports.  :shock:

Any chance that ship is going through the Panama Canal towards New Orleans - or is Xraydoc SOL?   :oops:

Rumors, rumors?  Need to be clear that I picked those up whilst wearing my tin foil hat with antennae extended for maximum reception...

The end is nigh - waiting that is...:)

@bosco You rock! That is awesome.  I have been checking pacific ocean weather patterns and trying to determine where the boat is base upon it's estimated speed etc.  Thank you so much for the update!

@KevinD I think your tin foil hat has a dent in it. :-P Or maybe one of the rabbit ears got bent....:smt002 I am keeping the faith.  By the 30th it will be on terra firma!

• Like 1

So I know everyone is aware that there will be a historic speech today by the first female nominee for president. However, more monumental to me is that the boat carrying my grill is now within sight of land. It just pinged again. It is across the pacific!243b67cbf7772b99c6e435c1d9c60a7c.png
It is the one with the brackets around it! It's close!

• Like 2

It made some progress overnight. Should be docking some time today.

Once it is in port, is there a way to track progress? Will I know when it has left the warehouse on its way to my local distribution center? Or will I not hear anything until the local guy calls to schedule delivery?