bosco

Pork Tenderloin Char Siu

Today, I found a good deal on some pork tenderloins and decided that I may as well try for a dish for this months challenge.  I went down to the local Chinese Supermarket for the first time and I was blown away.  I was hoping to find Char Siu marinade that I found on amazon from Hawaii.  It was 18.00 a pack shipped to my house, or at the local Chinese Supermarket 1.80 a pack.  I grabbed 5 packages and some other goodies and headed home.

I have always wanted to try and make this, as Char Siu pork is one of my favourites when I eat Chinese Food.  

_DSC1965.jpg

_DSC1966.jpg

Mixed the marinade and off into the bag it went.  This has a beat powder and it is a powerful dye, my hands may be pink

_DSC1968.jpg

I let this marinade for 6 hours in the fridge.  It did a number to the pork.

I decided to try my lodge smoking pot today for the first time, and I must say that I was most impressed with the blue smoke and aroma that was generated from this pot.  I will use this more often now

_DSC1971.jpg

I removed the tenderloins from the marinade and hit them with a liberal coating of Lanes BBQ Q-NAMI rub.  This stuff is the real deal.  It has great flavour.

_DSC1974.jpg

Onto the pit at 350 direct they went

_DSC1976.jpg

The Char Siu marinade created almost a shell coating.  Very awesome colour when cooked

_DSC1979.jpg

Anyways, I cooked them until an IT of 145 and pulled them and let them rest.  They were dripping with moisture thanks to the Komodo Kamado!

I thin sliced one and wrapped the other one for tomorrow

_DSC1982.jpg

_DSC1990.jpg

I picked up my favourite fried rice and sweet and sour sauce to complete the dish tonight.  

_DSC1994.jpg

I have to say, the flavour on this tenderloin was amazing.  It was sweet, and the Lanes added a little hit of spice.  I can't wait to make this again.

• Like 2

I have become a junkie for Q-Nami! I use it on just about everything now - shrimp, veggies, etc. 

Gonna go on a mission to find your Char Sui marinade. It might have to make an appearance at this Summer's Pink Flamingo party! 

Amazon USA  has it for like $0.40 a pack, but $4.99 shipping. Or you can go PRIME for a 4 pack for $12. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Natural-Chinese-Barbecue-Seasoning-2-5oz/dp/B00YK05CMW

Edited by tony b

8 minutes ago, tony b said:

I have become a junkie for Q-Nami! I use it on just about everything now - shrimp, veggies, etc. 

Gonna go on a mission to find your Char Sui marinade. It might have to make an appearance at this Summer's Pink Flamingo party! 

If you can't find it, I will ship you some packs buddy.  The colour is unbelievable.  

Lanes BBQ rubs are the real deal

5 minutes ago, bosco said:

If you can't find it, I will ship you some packs buddy.  The colour is unbelievable.  

Lanes BBQ rubs are the real deal

Thanks, Bro. Found it on Amazon. Will check the local Asian markets, too.

Used their Ancho Espresso & Brisket rubs on a sirloin last night. Planning on a mix of Sweet Heat & Signature rubs on some righteous Iowa pork chops this Sunday. Q-Nami shrimp skewers on Friday night as an app before Korean BBQ ribs. Lane's is one my "go to's" for pre-made rubs, up there with Dizzy Pig, Sucklebusters, and Plowboys! 

Edited by tony b

So, my marinade arrived yesterday from Amazon and I was ready with a pack of "country style" pork ribs. Mixed up the marinade and in went the ribs last night for an overnight marinade. First off, this sh!t is seriously red! (Note: it's been over 100F with the heat index here for days! So, the cocktail of choice for Buzz - on the tumbler, is Gin & Tonic. The Clearheart Gin is from our local distillery - Cedar Ridge.)

006.JPG

Onto the KK with smoking pot of maple and cherry woods. Cook is direct @ 325F on the main grate. The local corn has started to come in. Gotta hit that!

007.JPG

Done. With this oppressive heat, even the bread gets tossed onto the KK so I don't have to heat up the house!

008.JPG

Plated, with some Ginger Coconut Curry Rice. 

010.JPG

• Like 1