Pequod

How Many, What Size, Where/How to Deploy?

23 minutes ago, tinyfish said:

I have 2 x 23" KK's and if I had to do it again I would go with the 23"  and 32" combo.

The 32" gives you that extra space for direct cooking.

Interesting and something I was wondering about. Seems like the oval shape of the 32 would be a bit more 2-zone friendly as well. And I'd likely want the rotisserie on the 32 for the extra size. I could see the 23 as my primary for low n' slow and day-to-day use, and the 32 for my party rig, rotisserie, and larger direct cooks. 

Is it March 2017 yet?

I'd be good with a KK rotisseried turkey in November, and if it was only one KK we're talking I bet it'd happen. I've aaalmooost got wife biting on one...lure is in the water. Not ready to dangle the bait of two just yet. She's still recovering from the shock of my suggesting we part ways with my smoker. You can't use the Jedi mind trick too often or it loses effectiveness. 

Edited by HalfSmoke

This old engineer did his thesis on internal aerothermochemistry -- what goes on inside rocket motors -- and spent the early part of his career working on the space shuttle motors. I see twin KK's as strap on boosters. Just crank open those vents and let 'er rip. Problem is we've got a sign error on the thrust vector. 

Alright...enough geeking out for today.  

That's awesome can you help me fix my spaceship so I can finally get out of here this planet is doing my head in lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

That's awesome can you help me fix my spaceship so I can finally get out of here this planet is doing my head in lol

Not ready to take he wraps off my *real* project yet :smt002, but why do you think I was leaning toward twin 23's? If that project fails, at least I'll have something to cook on once the lights go out!

Not ready to take he wraps off my *real* project yet :smt002, but why do you think I was leaning toward twin 23's? If that project fails, at least I'll have something to cook on once the lights go out!

Once the lights go out outback Australia will be the place to be the stars shine brightly looks like I'll have to fix my own ship lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

We need to stop this geek talk and get back to the matter at hand before I accidentally name my imaginary KK's "Navier" and "Stokes". [That'll send some of you running to Google and result in night terrors] :twisted:

Just bad flashbacks to grad school! 

• Like 1

Yes, there is a break-in process for the elastomeric layer under the tiles before you cook at very high temps (you can do low & slow cooks forever without doing it.) Folks sweat doing it, but it's not that complicated, just long - takes a few hours. It will be described in your Owner's Manual when you buy your KK.

• Like 1