Shuley

Salmon and avocado

I had seen someone make some grilled avocados and I was curious about that. Made some grilled salmon, grilled eggplant, and risotto. Everything turned out well except the eggplant. My good friend had it in her garden and let it go too long. It was very bitter. Oh Well, everything else was great. I will definitely do grilled avocado again. Grilling it gave it a whole other flavor that I enjoyed a lot. 6d4320092f607d5fd0ad459d3db9b1aa.jpg

• Like 1

I love grilled avocados and that's one fine money shot.  Thanks to you, I'm serving grilled avocados tomorrow evening to some dinner guests I'm having over.  I'm doing smoked salmon and I just added grilled avocados to the menu!  Thanks!  Kudos to ya on a lot of fronts.

Thank you! I probably stole the idea from you in the first place!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shuley said:

Everything turned out well except the eggplant. My good friend had it in her garden and let it go too long. It was very bitter.

Next time, after you slice the eggplant, liberally (I mean liberally!!) salt the eggplant and let it rest for at least an hour. Then rinse off the extra salt before cooking. Should help with the bitterness. 

• Like 2