DennisLinkletter

Solid Hex/Square Roti Motor Shafts in stock

29 minutes ago, bernux said:

I don't understand what is it for......

This is the solid roti motor shaft to be used with the adjustable motor bracket on grills that have the hexagon drive socketin their grill's side accessory plates.

thats what it is for if if have that kind of motor

• Like 1

@DennisLinkletter I can reverse the motor if needed.  I'll try the new shaft and see what happens.  With the shafts that came with my cradle, one side would eventually unscrew itself, or the other depending which direction I had the motor spinning.  Hopefully the shaft helps.

You recommended the Flexbar stuff to me a while back but I haven't tried the roti cradle since.  Now I have the new shaft.  I'm hoping to roti a Turkey for Thanksgiving and will try to do a couple test runs before next Thursday.

Definitely do some cold test runs (use a 5# bag of potatoes), spin at least 15 minutes to check to see if everything stays tight. You might still need the Flexbar (or blue Loctite). As you've noted, reversing the motor spin isn't the panacea for this problem. It generally takes 2 or 3 different fixes to solve the whole problem. 

• Like 1

Guys, 

First post here so bear with me.  I received my 32" BB in late summer and had so much fun just grilling that I'm just getting around to getting the roti set up.  When I finally opened it up I noticed that I clearly need the square/hex roti shaft to go from my motor to the hex nut on the outside (it doesn't appear that the hex nut goes all the way from outside to inside) but then I also need a hex/thread drive shaft to get to the cradle itself to actually turn it.  The photo shows everything that came with my "16 kit" (with the exception of the "L key").  Clearly, I'm missing some pieces.  It looks like I only have the rotating shaft at the end but no way to actually drive the cradle!  Any help (and overnight shipments of parts so I can do a rotisserie turkey for a work outing by the weekend...) would be greatly appreciated.  

IMG_8039.JPG

IMG_8038.JPG

If thats all you have you are missing some pieces.  Do you have the three bigger screws that attach the motor bracket to the KK and you need one fitting for the other side of the cradle and the fitting from the roti motor to the KK. Did you check in your box with the extra KK parts?

Edited by tinyfish

Ok, I need some assistance setting this up.  My grill is a 23" and I have the square socket.  The fist pic is my roti motor with the adjustable shaft and spring.(is the spring supposed to go over the threaded end of this shaft before inserting into the socket on the motor?)

The new square/hex roti shaft is lower in the photo.  I'm trying to figure out where it goes.  Do I just replace the adjustable shaft and spring with the new square/hex roti shaft?  If so do I keep the spring?

Roti - Motor.jpg

The second photo below is my cradle setup, with the round shaft screwed into the left side, and the square shaft screwed into the right side.  I'm pretty sure square/hex shaft is meant for the outside of the grill with the motor, but I left it in the pic.

Roti - Cradle.jpg

The thing is, if the new shaft goes where I think it does, it will prevent the outside motor shaft from unscrewing itself, which is an improvement.  However, depending on what way the motor spins, the right side or left side shaft sill has great potential to unscrew itself.  This is where my problems with my cradle arose.  I guess Loctite/Flexbar is the only solution for the inside shafts?

@Gnomatic My KK came with the adjustable shaft. I played around with the spring and cutting it in half to give me the right fit with some spring to it when the shaft is Inserted in the motor. 

The Onegrill motor is reversible. I can't remember how I did mine but I did it with the guy from Onegrill on the phone with me. It is very very simple. @tony b created a thread on how its done here it is thanks Tony b

@Gnomatic if you have the newer adjustable motor bracket (I assume you do) then the spring is really not necessary. I've never used my spring.

The spring is a carry over from the older non adjustable motor bracket which helped facilitate inserting the motor shaft when you couldn't adjust the bracket. 

It is really irrelevant which way the motor spins. If it spins clockwise one side of the inner shafts wants to loosen. If you change the direction of the motor then the opposite inner shaft wants to loosen. The only way for you to solve this dilemma is to figure out which inner shaft wants to loosen (for the way your motor spins) and use blue loc-tite/flexbar on that inner shaft. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1