Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
DennisLinkletter

Sneak Peak ~ KK 3/8" A36 Baking Steel

It weighs about 10 kilos / 22 lbs.  It will have the oil gutter moved over about 1/2" dead center left and right where there will be holes in the side for some grabbers we will ship with the  steel..  It has such a high heat transfer you can bake things quickly at lower temps than other stones.. This is the only way to do the cracker crust pizzas..

• Like 5

Hey Ken if you can jump  around on 1 foot while holding that thing you're a better man than me lol.

sign me up for one I might as well get everything for DB

Darn it...bad timing :D   I like the shape and handles compared to my Baking Steel.   I just might have to have it though :D    Its my favorite method for making burgers.   Smash burgers rule especially on thick plate steel!    Nice job Dennis!

13 hours ago, tony b said:

Is it for the upper grate or the main grate? 

Can be used either.. with the oil groove down on the upper grate as a baking steel or with the groove up as a griddle on the main grill.

• Like 1

It is about 18" wide.. We are in the process of testing a textured surface for the pizza side, fine tuning the tools used to pick them up from holes in the sides and learning about seasoning. They will be pre-seasoned from the factory.  

They are A36 Mild (low-carbon) steel, this radiates heat best, much better than stainless for this application.. (think cast iron skillet).    It just means you need to dry them after washing. 

• Like 4

For all you folks out there that don't speak metallurgy, this is not stainless steel; so it will need to be taken care of like your cast iron or carbon steel pans, or it will rust - quickly!

Edited by tony b
  • Like 2

You had me at stainless lol not sure about this now yes if you dont season after every cleanup it will rust fast 

• Like 1