ckreef

Vacationing at the Bistro

Thursday we went to the Warner Robins Air museum. It's a pretty decent air museum. (and that's coming from someone who lived for 30 years just outside Washington DC, and went to the National Air and Space museum all the time)
At the request of my sister we had Pinwheels for dinner (flank Steak stuffed with provolone, spinach and sweet peppers). My sister has been a guest sou chef the whole time and doing an excellent job - TY sis ;-)

cdb2090c39f8a622fc561132be2b4d0d.jpg
6b60fa17f1e1b52efba8cffd79c65a5d.jpg
b47c01636cdeda49610f9e44124ae743.jpg
624b9dffcd2f3ff2214bb13f7a5ca8fc.jpg
73a3942a39d3a7611ee7eb1adc8fd42f.jpg
We also made fresh peach ice cream (pictures tomorrow night - maybe - LOL)

• Like 1

Friday sister and BIL just wanted to chill around the house. Me and Mrs skreef went for a motorcycle ride. We stopped by a small food truck gathering for lunch. I had Cuban pork served over corn risotto and topped with a Cuban Cole Slaw. The concept and taste was good but the execution was only so, so. It did give me something to go on and will make this dish in the future.
I had a few more fresh peaches left so Friday night I experimented with pork loin chops stuffed with peaches and rosemary. Also a new recipe to try. Pepperoni au gratin. Great recipe will definitely make those again.
2fb4b426af4d396a3eb290c5f652427b.jpg
c97bf5e260cb7f208bda6d989a108c98.jpg
e658432c4906644efc9bdfda73897580.jpg
1a452fc84852e56fbb152bf4acf96bdf.jpg

Sister is leaving to go back home this morning. Had a really good time during her visit and she loved all the food. TY everyone for the great comments and following along.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program ;-)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Glad you had a great visit with your sister and BIL. After the way you treated them I'm sure they will be back for seconds. ;)  :) 

BTW, those chops and casserole both look delicious. :) 

I just about missed that awesome pin wheel cook, delicious. :):):)   

Edited by MacKenzie

Glad you had a great visit with your sister and BIL. After the way you treated them I'm sure they will be back for seconds.    

BTW, those chops and casserole both look delicious.  

I just about missed that awesome pin wheel cook, delicious.    

TY MacKenzie - we had a really good visit. My sister and BIL are easy to cook for as they like everything.
But next vacation we go to their house down in FL.

Charles - KUDOS!  Each and every meal is a home run!  Take a bow.  You really rocked those meals.  

So, did your Sis and BIL get hooked on KK cooked food?  When are they going to order their own KK?

Friend, this is a really fine exposition of the versatility of a KK in the hands of a great patio chef.  Very well done.  

• Like 2

So, did your Sis and BIL get hooked on KK cooked food?  When are they going to order their own KK?

They love my food but they just aren't into cooking like I am. They have a gas grill but that's probably as far as they are going to go.

Serious looking chops and pepperoni on the cheesy spuds sounds like a winner to me! 

That is a John Setzler recipe and KJ video. Best part was his technique for the Au Gratin milk sauce. Just worked better than previous techniques I've tried. The pepperoni was just an added bonus.
Will be adding this recipe/technique to my personal cook book.