dj-ia

Baby Komo arrived today!

@dj-ia - what you have there is designed to keep ash from blocking the vents on the KK during long cooks.  It ensures that airflow is not compromised by ash collecting at the front of the KK.  

From the pic I see of your deflector, you need to run that curved portion further on the rails sticking into the bottom of your KK so the the curved portion fits up under the two piece fire box liner.  Just simply push it onto the rods until it won't go any further.  The gap you show will allow ash to potentially block air from the vent into your KK.

Congrats to you and your whole family!  You're going to positively love Komo and the food you cook.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:02 AM, dj-ia said:

On another note.  What is this deflector for??  It was sitting on the back side of the bottom air intake.  

image.jpeg

Heat shield, ash screen.. used where it was sitting.. curved side up tubes towards the draft door, sitting on the draft door tubes, just under the firebox.
It prevents line of sight hot air from getting to the draft door and prevents ash or burning embers from ever rolling out the draft door.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2016 at 3:25 AM, bosco said:

Are there not two of them with a 23"?  I had my 23" built without the gas port so mine only came with one.  On my 32 there are 2 however.

Not necessary to have two.. The rear gas port is not flush with the floor of the grill.. this prevents ash and an ember from rolling out that door. It's not a cooking door so does not need to be shielded from heat. The knob has two star lock washers to keep the teak knob just off the hot stainless and prevent burns.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

LOL  I guess the side effect of releasing a 42" grill is that people start calling their 23" grill "Baby Komo"

He was just a baby upon delivery now he's growing comfortable in his new home and going by Komo.   However a pic of a 23 sitting next to the 42 would be nice to see :)

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.