Jeff S

Want to try a higher temp cook

As Ken noted, there are a lot of variables regarding cooking time.

Yes, we like to know when to start to have it done by an approximate time for serving; but remember this, you can always wrap and stash in a chest cooler for hours. So, guess on the short side (e.g., if you want to serve at 6pm, shoot to have it done by 3 pm, so you have lots of wiggle room if it takes longer) and you won't keep guests waiting for dinner. 

• Like 1

@Jeff S - I would guess you could looks t something like 1 hour per pound.  That said, I never use rough rules of thumb when I cook big slabs of meat.  Rather, I cook to tenderness.  I use a probe to test for tenderness starting about 195°F.  When a pork butt or brisket is done, it should feel like that probe is going into warm butter.  There shouldn't be much resistance.  

Cooking at the temps you're contemplating using, you need to all over the IT of your cook.  Make certain that you monitor IT closely because I'm pretty certain you won't have much, if any, of a stall.  You'll just power through, so monitor the IT. 

Best of luck on You cook.  

• Like 1