Stile88

where to buy smoking woods

24 minutes ago, 5698k said:

A popular place is fruita wood chunks. They have very high quality pieces. Personally I prefer charcoal store.com. They also have good quality, but will ship 5lb boxes, I believe fruita's minimum is 10lbs.

Rob

I just picked up a 5 lb box of alder from them. It is very clean. 

• Like 1

I will have to give Fruita a look when I next order wood chunks. I obtained mine through Ceramic Grills and they will sell you your choice of wood by the pound… 

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/lump-charcoal-smoking-woods-fire-starters-pellets

They also sell the pink unwaxed butcher paper if you don't already have a source...

Edited by KevinD
  • Like 1

That sounds like an excellent order @tony b 

Let me run this by everyone been a rough 2 weeks trying to sell my 2 large bge everyone wants them for free lol 

But last night i found a great buyer and i know he will take care of them like i did anyway 

We got on the topic of smoking cause the inside of my eggs are black i told him about where i get my wood and about fruita which i will order from 

He tells me to call my local orchard they have a ton of whatever  wood u need for a lot cheeper then anywhere Has anybody done this and how was the wood if so

Are you selling both eggs?  Sounds like a second KK will be in your future.  

I have a friend who has unlimited access to an apple orchard, however, seasoning wood etc does not appeal to me. 

For the amount I use smoking wood, buying awesome wood from fruita works good for me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bosco said:

Are you selling both eggs?  Sounds like a second KK will be in your future.  

Yes both are gone a second kk just might be my friend 

Still awaiting my kk hopefully soon though now that i dont have anything to cook on lol

13 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Stiles, it's great that you found a buyer for your old grills.:) :smt023 :smt023  I'd check to see how the locals treat their trees and if they use a chain saw with an oiled blade that might leave stuff on the branches that you don't want in your food.:twocents:

Thanks mac 

That is a good point never thought on that i might just stick with getting fruita wood