Steve M

*^#&! blankety blank blank

so we have about 20 people coming tomorrow expecting some wagyu brisket. My shipment from SRF arrived last night and the corner of the styrofoam cooler was cracked. 100 F temps didn't help. The meat temps checked in at 50+ degrees on everything with some higher. SRF gave me a complete refund but it is on to plan B.

thinking about pulled pork and ribs instead. 

1 hour ago, xraydoc said:

That's terrible. Glad to hear you got a refund though. It will work out. Everyone loves ribs!

I think I'm most sad about the waste of really good beef and pork. Wagyu brisket and tritip, kurobota pork collar and spareribs. It's a real shame.

46 minutes ago, Stile88 said:

Yea that really sucks but you getting a refund is great

I bet ribs and pulled pork will taste just as good if not better

21 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Gee, Steve I'm sorry to hear you lost your meat supply but it's great that you were compensated.:) 

SRF is a class act. they offered to get it to me Saturday but it would have been too late. they refunded my money no questions asked. I also had a $25 coupon show up in my inbox this morning. good folks.

• Like 1

@Steve M - sorry to hear that the meat was compromised.  Better safe than sorry, but it still sucks that what was to be won't be.  Good news about SRF and their refund policy.

Most folks around here would never turn their nose up to pulled pork.  It's not brisket, but I'm sure everyone will enjoy your cook! All the best to you and your cook!

• Like 1