Theo Lotz

Thinking about buying one? Have no fear.

I wish this forum existed 4 months ago, when I was having a debate with myself about the wisdom of sending $1,500+ to Indonesia for a product that I had never seen. I just received my OTB/Supreme last weekend and I love it. It is everything you read in this forum by others, plus some. It is absolutely beautiful and very well made. If you're out there, afraid to make the plunge, I'm here to tell you, the water's fine.

I first became interested in Komodo grills when poking around the web for information for an outdoor kitchen. A look around at other "K" sites quickly reveals that people who use them are fanatical about them (some even rabidly so). I almost purchased one from another company before I came across this one (accidentally, actually). It was undeniably the best looking one on the market.. and had features that addressed issues that people complained about on other sites (having it here now, I can't imagine not having a spring-loaded top). I, like you maybe, saw the thread on the competitor's "K" forum speculating about the composition of the refractory material--which has since been discussed at length here-- and that raised a concern. I must have sent Dennis (as you see, one quickly gets on a first-name basis with this company) a few dozen emails about this and other issues. He always responded immediately and completely.

Dennis has been great to deal with throughout. He arranged for my K/K to be shipped to the warehouse of an associate of his here in Florida (even THEY were great to deal with). I see that he is now regularly shipping inventory to both the East and West coasts. This is great for you, the new buyer. I ordered mine in mid-December, and it just arrived last weekend...that was a long wait. But well worth it.

As I said above, it is beautiful and well made. The top damper spins so smoothly with just a nudge, the top lid opens gracefully and effortlessly, the grills are solid, the casters are heavy duty (God, knows they'd have to be, the thing weighs almost 600lbs), the tile work is well-done. It arrived in very good shape, considering that part of the crate had come apart in shipping. There was a little damage to the tiles on the top damper, but nothing major. This in itself is a testament to the quality of construction, I think. The K/K was free to rock around inside the crate, and the only damage was a few chipped tiles (believe me, I looked hard for more).

I'm still on the bottom part of the learning-how-to-use-it curve. I sent Dennis an email question about firing it up, and he actually called me on my cell from Indonesia. Now that's service I didn't expect.

THEOw.jpg

Theo' date=' great to hear that you were pleased and that I didn't steer you wrong! :D I (and the rest of the readers) will be eager to hear how the cooking goes![/quote']

First: Theo Lotz

Dude, I went through almost exactly the same pre-ordering scenerio you did...from the fanatics at Mexi to this forum by accident! I've officially placed my oder for a Supreme OTB today :) Can't wait to post my results!

...TheNakedWhiz...please check your PM.

Thanks!

K