xraydoc

Roti motor

Hi all,

Going to buy the 4pm05 roti motor from OneGrill.  Have looked through the forum and it looks as though I will need to to spin COUNTER-CLOCKWISE.  However, at the one grill site they clearly state that it spins clockwise.  I know there is a way to "fix" this by taking the motor apart and reversing a few wires, but that seems like a lot.  

Has this issue been fixed with the "new" adjustable roti brackets? I just got my KK, so if the new brackets/shafts fix the problem, I am good. Just looking for knowledge before I purchase.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I picked mine up from one grill and it spun in the correct direction for the shafts inside the kk. I thought I was golden until I attached the shaft between the kk and motor. It was coming apart. I drilled it out and inserted a wire to prevent it and it worked.
Since then, I think Dennis came out with a solid shaft for outside and I ordered a couple but haven't tried them yet. Yours probably came with the new one if I had to guess

So how has this project gone?  Did you get the motor to rotate in the correct direction?

How about the 4pm08 model?  Yes, it is a lot more money but it has needle bearings in it and just looks better constructed.

Does the KK32 accept these mounting brackets they provide with these motors?

18 hours ago, FotonDrv said:

So how has this project gone?  Did you get the motor to rotate in the correct direction?

How about the 4pm08 model?  Yes, it is a lot more money but it has needle bearings in it and just looks better constructed.

Does the KK32 accept these mounting brackets they provide with these motors?

Just my opinion but that motor is over kill. The smaller motor works perfect and a lot of us have it with no problems what so ever.

If your food is balanced correctly it doesn't take much more to spin it.

• Like 2