Stoon

New Guy

Hello, everyone!!

I took delivery of my 22" KK a few weeks ago. Like everyone else, very impressed with pretty much every aspect of the process, and the quality of the product. 

I've been using a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker and a Weber gas grill for the last 15 years. I essentially made a deal with the dev... I mean my my wife.   She thought the KK was beautiful and agreed to the purchase as long as I disposed of all my "ugly" grills. 

I'm a seasoned "smoker" but still learning the nuances of the KK. I purchased the lower grill rack, larger pizza stone and basket splitter. I ordered the side tables later and am still waiting for those to arrive. 

The delivery was relatively smooth.  The delivery guy got the KK into my garage and I enlisted the help of  three friends to help me move it to the backyard. I was hesitant to remove the lid but it turned out to be a "non-issue".  I put 2x4s through the blue ropes around the legs like it shows in the users manual. Piece o' cake. 

My wife chose the Light Vibrant Blue and we couldn't be happier with the appearance. I received bronze replacement tiles and black grout but Dennis indicated he would send me blue tiles and gray grout. Many of my accessories had the word "bronze" written on the labels. Somewhere out there there is a person with a bronze KK with a bunch of stuff that says vibrant blue. Again, non-issue. 

I'm considering a Sunbrella cover but hate to cover up such a beautiful piece of art. I'm in Texas so the sun and heat can be a bit brutal. I'd hate to see this fade.  

I look forward to learning from all of you. I've been a bit of a "lurker" on the site for awhile. The positive comments by everyone certainly pushed me to make the purchase. 

I have not named my KK and probably won't. I do find myself admiring it out my window all the time. 

Again, I look forward to participating in the KK community. 

-Stoon

image.jpg

• Like 2