Aussie Ora

Ora has arrived

Great looking first cook Aussie, glad to hear everything went so well.

Steve thanks it went smooth I lit the lump with two fire starters gave the top vent 4 turns and opened up the bottom vents till I got to 300f then spun the top vent down to two turns and shut the bottom left vent to 3 notches and played with the right one with holes I love how that seems to fine tune the airflow. Until it sat just below 400f and did not move. Being used to a Daisy wheel I was a bit apprehensive about the spinning damper knowing how it's set but it was no drama at all really pretty simple lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Well, she finally turned up! Congrats mate!! Fantastic looking bit of gear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers pesto it's bloody amazing well worth the cost everything is top notch getting the rotisserie shaft and it working on my jt motor is a bonus don't have to buy another motor

• Like 1

Great looking drumsticks. Yes the 19 mm should be for your spring nut. You should have also gotten a long T handle Allen wrench 5 mm I think. That is to remove the back plate.
After some time the spring tension will loosen a little bit. It's a really easy 5 min adjustment. I have a thread on here about that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great looking drumsticks. Yes the 19 mm should be for your spring nut. You should have also gotten a long T handle Allen wrench 5 mm I think. That is to remove the back plate.
After some time the spring tension will loosen a little bit. It's a really easy 5 min adjustment. I have a thread on here about that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cheers ckreef after realizing it fitted nothing on the out side it must be for the spring. loving how easy the lid lifts but really like hoe it does not slam shut that's sweet

• Like 1

Well Aussie the wait is over now the fun begins. Those drums look pretty tasty. You guys come up with such good looking food. I'm going to try a steak I marinated for the pat 24 hours and a couple sausage. May go buy some corn. Did the burn yesterday. Happy grilling mate!

Cheers Bruce that steak sounds good having a Kj classic for nearly 2 years I've learnt to keep it clean and cooking things like sticky Drumsticks are best done in a pan but I know I have to get it dirty

Aussie, that chicken cook looks really tasty.  Congrats to you and Ora on a wonderful first cook!  Kudos to you both.  

Youre about to find out that keeping track of that top damper is no big deal.  Dialing in temps is easier than ever with a KK.  

Cheers CC I don't know what I was thinking I closed the top snug not tight and that set my left ear I gave it one turn to the snug point and the story ends there lol

• Like 1

Great looking first cook buddy.  Looking forward to more of your creations.

How was the burn in overall? 

Doing the burn in tomorrow I just wanted to get used of the vents first you are totally right this thing is amazing just looking at the 23 in real life makes me appreciate how big the 32 is I'm not even going to mention the 42 lol